JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:53:18 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I know, it is relieving... and people after ISH don't know who is who what is what... Blink

Edited by user Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:12:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#82 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 5:51:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
More info and stills from "The Master" film:

15 New Stills From ‘The Master’; Philip Seymour Hoffman Downplays Scientology

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:02:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#83 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 12:53:36 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:

Nice picture admin! Very sexy ;)
He is the perfect badass slash hero character from a 50ies movie. It looks like PTA is not only doing a movie set on the 50ies, he is using the filmography from that time period as well. I read that the 70mm thingy was primarily used during that time period . Now this pic which reminds me of Brando, James Dean,... I don't know, perhaps I'm reading too much into it!

Joaquin Phoenix rocks! But that is not him it's Freddy Sutton, just remember ;) --> I am talking to me self Blink
Offline sami  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:14:31 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Ok, so I found a couple of news of interest:
1- The Master will play in Toronto. It appears that the date will be sept 14
http://www.hollywoodrepo...-anderson-toronto-361430
Festival artistic director Cameron Bailey tweets that the drama, which debuts in Venice, will also screen in Toronto.

With the Toronto International Film Festival poised to announce a new batch of galas and special screenings on Aug. 14, artistic director Cameron Bailey took to Twitter Monday to announce that one of those films will be Paul Thomas Anderson’s eagerly-awaited The Master.
PHOTOS: Scientology's Historic Hollywood Holdings
“Because @drdotson & so many others asked, YES, #TIFF12 will screen Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master. In 70mm, y’all,” Bailey tweeted Monday afternoon.
The Master, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams, and said to be inspired by the early days of Scientology, will have its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival on Sept. 1 before moving on to Toronto, where TIFF kicks off on Sept. 6.
PHOTO: 'The Master' Poster Refracts Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams
The Weinstein Co. is releasing the film domestically Sept. 14

2- Johnny Greeneood score for The Master will be released sept 12 through nonesuch records
Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood's score for The Master, the upcoming film from Paul Thomas Anderson, will be released September 11 through Nonesuch Records. In addition to 11 new pieces  from Greenwood (six performed by the London Contemporary Orchestra), the soundtrack album also features World War II-era music by Ella Fitzgerald, Jo Stafford, and more.

Greenwood also composed the score for Anderson's Oscar-winning film There Will Be Blood. The film is in theaters September 14 and features Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, and Laura Dern. 

Pre-orders made at the Nonesuch site will get an instant download of Greenwood's piece "Application 45 Version 1".

Watch the trailer for The Master below, after the tracklist.

The Master:

01 Overtones
02 Time Hole
03 Back Beyond
04 Get Thee Behind Me Satan (Ella Fitzgerald)
05 Alethia
06 Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (With Anyone Else but Me) (Madisen Beaty)
07 Atomic Healer
08 Able-Bodied Seamen
09 The Split Saber
10 Baton Sparks
11. No Other Love (Jo Stafford)
12 His Master’s Voice
13 Application 45 Version 1
14 Changing Partners (Helen Forrest)
15 Sweetness of Freddie

http://www.pitchfork.com/artists/3512-radiohead/

[/size]
Offline sami  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

UserPostedImage
Life is so cruel and yet so beautiful
Offline admin  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:31:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, looks like the full promotional force of the film is getting stronger and stronger by the week, e.g. soundtrack, trailers, film festivals. The backers of the film seem to think that they could have something special with this film, let's hope they are correct. It's certainly got plenty of promise and all the right ingredients.

Anyway:

Details Arrive For The New ‘The Master' Trailer Already In Theatres
Offline sami  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:37:58 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
Sami, looks like the full promotional force of the film is getting stronger and stronger by the week, e.g. soundtrack, trailers, film festivals. The backers of the film seem to think that they could have something special with this film, let's hope they are correct. It's certainly got plenty of promise and all the right ingredients.

Anyway:

Details Arrive For The New ‘The Master' Trailer Already In Theatres

Hi Admin,

Yes, it looks that they are betting really high on this film. It must be for a reason , a company wouldn't invest their money on something unless they were confident on the outcome, speaking in business language . The distributor is Anapuna if I am correct.

I read the description of the new trailer from your link. It seems a movie with many glorious moments. I can see myself replaying favorite scenes . I don't know, it just seems like a really good film , one of those that as you say has all the right ingredients . I believe that's what makes a great director, to be able to see the film as a whole and manage all of its aspects at the same time, take everything into consideration . I have no doubt I'm gonna love it :)

In the link i also saw that the film is coming to my city on September 21st. What about yours? I hope you get to see it soon !!

For now I look forward to the promotion , interviews and so on. The people in this film are all fascinating. I can't wait to hear their insights and annecdotes, specially Joaquin, of course I'm rooting for him!! But also PTA , Hoffman,.. Amy Adams, .. I don't know her very well, I haven't followed her movies so it will be an opportunity to know her better.
Offline sami  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:14:26 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin, I just found this clip!
Offline admin  
#89 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:11:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks Sami, that's a great few scenes from the movie.

I do hope it's the last though now until the film is released, I don't want them to give too much away! Cool
Offline sami  
#90 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:38:34 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
Thanks Sami, that's a great few scenes from the movie.

I do hope it's the last though now until the film is released, I don't want them to give too much away! Cool

I know! I wasn't sure you would want to watch it coz you told me before you like to be surprised.
If they do release another one I won't watch it either or post It here. I want to keep the mystery too!
Offline sami  
#91 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:30:58 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Going back to the trailer I think the part where Dodd talks about love is funny. I think there will b a lot of irony in this movie. Really smart, the one you don't know if they're serious or teasing you. OMG lets get the popcorn and a good sit , cause this will be awesome !!!!!
Offline admin  
#92 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 10:17:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Review of The Master film from cinemixtape.com:

[Warning spoilers]

The Master: 4.5 / 5 stars

"Joaquin Phoenix’s performance is dazzling, the kind of effort we’re lucky to see once every two or three years. The unnerving spasticity he brings to the role is equal parts enthralling and frightening."

"...the film will provoke endless discussion and interpretation – and Joaquin Phoenix is a revelation. His performance alone makes “The Master” a must-see for discriminating audiences."

Edited by user Friday, August 17, 2012 9:22:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#93 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 10:27:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Review of The Master film from thefilmstage.com:

[Warning spoilers]

The Master, Theatrical Review: A- rating

"Above all, I think, the movie’s power to arrest and unsettle comes from Phoenix — if you thought his I’m Still Here stunt called for some psychoanalysis, you won’t be changing your mind after this one, because I’m not sure there’s any way a completely sane person could possibly build a performance of such delusional, deranged commitment and precision."
Offline sami  
#94 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 2:54:39 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Love <3
Offline admin  
#95 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 9:22:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Review of The Master film from twscritic.com:

[Warning spoilers]

The Master: 9 / 10

"Much will be said of Phoenix’s dedicatedly physical performance, and he deserves ALL of the accolades he will receive."
Offline admin  
#96 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:29:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Review of The Master film by Nelson Carvajal:

[Warning spoilers]

VIDEO ESSAY: Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master"

"And Phoenix the actor achieves a level of devastation and shattering power that cements his performance here as one for the ages."

"Regardless, the character of Freddie, because of Phoenix's staggeringly compelling performance, is the lifeline throughout Anderson's period drama. As of this moment, Phoenix is the frontrunner for the Best Actor Oscar."
Offline admin  
#97 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:45:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Review of The Master film by "B.G. Loony":

[Warning spoilers]

Nervous Condition: A Review of "The Master"

"The film truly wakes from its dreamy structure when centered around Hoffman and Phoenix. Their scenes together are nothing short of electric – representing two sides of the same deluded coin, or what Lancaster Dodd might call, “The Split Saber.” One interaction in particular (Freddie’s first session with “The Master”) will go down in the annals of film history for its raw intensity."
Offline sami  
#98 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:07:36 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thank you very much for those reviews and for hiding the spoilers admin. I feel bad it spoiled it for you a little bit...

... In any case , Admin, I'm trying to comment something here and it's difficult. I'm quite speechless. I just think that Joaquin is extraordinary beyond words, but both you and I knew that, this is why we're here

Edited by user Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:26:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

That is to say I'm not surprised.

Smile

Offline sami  
#100 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:31:44 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

There are some nice pics and animated gifs from The Master at Fuck Yeah Joaquin Phoenix tumblr! Check them out !

http://fuckyeahjoaqphoenix.tumblr.com/

"Joaquin Phoenix FINALLY returns to film with Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master. Just hand over the Oscar now. "

Edited by user Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:40:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified