JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 6:51:31 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Yes! Joaquin was in Toronto! BigGrin He doesn't look half as nervous as he did in Venice, but this time he has somone holding his hand....looks like it's official and serious. Cool Another reason why Joaquin likes models...they know how to comport themselves in front of all the cameras and stuff and they take a nice photo. She looks lovely and I think they look great together too. Not sure what's going on with Joaquin's hair but it's nice to see him smiling. I'm sure The Master got a good reception.

I can't figure out how to get the pics to show: the usual method doesn't seem to work. Confused I like these pics...

http://www.wireimage.co....,151474306&st=Search

http://www.wireimage.co....,151474681&st=Search

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:00:17 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy,

The wired pics and the Getty images pics work differently because they belong to them . They don't share the love Laugh If the URL address doesn't finish in jpg you won't be able to post it here ... There is always a way though: you need to download it to your computer , then upload it to a photos sharing account like photobucket , image shack , etc. from there you can upload it here. You will notice that the address of the photo finishes in jpg now. It doesn't take such a long time if you already have a google account under products you have an image sharing service.. I forgot the name !!
Offline sami  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:19:32 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
Yes! Joaquin was in Toronto! BigGrin He doesn't look half as nervous as he did in Venice, but this time he has somone holding his hand...

Yes. I think he is getting used to it too. I was surprised to see he was nervous in Venice bec it wasn't the first time for him.. He prob had been out of the game for a long time

joy wrote:

looks like it's official and serious. Cool

It's all about perception. They go together and hold hands But he's held hands with his Sister on the red carpet before . It could be all staged. I'm much of a PDA person. They don't show affection. Not sure if they're just being careful or what

joy wrote:

Another reason why Joaquin likes models...they know how to comport themselves in front of all the cameras and stuff and they take a nice photo.

You see ?!

In any case if they're together I do t think he cares about that . I think he likes her because she is very sophisticated .

joy wrote:
She looks lovely and I think they look great together too. Not sure what's going on with Joaquin's hair but it's nice to see him smiling. I'm sure The Master got a good reception.

I like Joaquin's hair the way it is. I have 2 brothers between 30-40. They both have deep receding hairlines. I think Joaquin has it too and This is why the haircut is longer on the front. I like it actually. I don't find it strange or anything !

I said I wouldn't post but I couldn't help it. I hope you won't be teasing me forever now BigGrin

Edited by moderator Saturday, September 8, 2012 6:36:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed the quote formatting.

Offline joy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:43:40 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
The wired pics and the Getty images pics work differently because they belong to them . They don't share the love If the URL address doesn't finish in jpg you won't be able to post it here ... There is always a way though: you need to download it to your computer , then upload it to a photos sharing account like photobucket , image shack , etc. from there you can upload it here. You will notice that the address of the photo finishes in jpg now. It doesn't take such a long time if you already have a google account under products you have an image sharing service.. I forgot the name !!

Thanks for the info, Sami, but that's too much of a palaver for me right now, so the photo links wilol have to do.

sami wrote:
joy wrote:

looks like it's official and serious.

It's all about perception. They go together and hold hands But he's held hands with his Sister on the red carpet before . It could be all staged. I'm much of a PDA person. They don't show affection. Not sure if they're just being careful or what

First of all...thanks heavens for Google! Laugh PDA - public displays of affection. They're holding hands; is that not a display of affection? Friendly or otherwise. There's no need for them to be kissing and cuddling in front of everyone is there? (if that's what they do in private).

I agree it's all about perception, hence the "looks like... Cool". I'm quite happy to just see it all as Joaquin has a new girlfriend and he wants to have her with him when he's doing work stuff. For all we know, he's giving her a chance to get some exposure workwise. Or she's using him to increase her own stock rating. We don't know.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an 'affection' and she's Joaquin's accomplice in staging an 'I'm Still Here' point.

Here's an article with some interesting comments from Joaquin:

Phoenix rises with Hoffman as best actors at Venice fest
Comments By Susan Wloszczyna

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly in a scene from the motion picture 'Step Brothers'.CAPTIONBy Mark Seliger, Columbia PicturesThe Master, which got its big screening in Toronto last night, lived up to its name by winning two of the Venice Film Festival's top prizes. Philip Seymour Hoffman, who plays a charismatic cult leader, was on hand to collect his best actor award -- shared with co-star Joaquin Phoenix-- as well as the best director trophy given to Paul Thomas Anderson.

Even though he barely said a word at his Venice press conference, an upbeat Phoenix happily chatted with select media outlets in Toronto today. One might think that the two-time Oscar nominee, 37, might be more drawn to serious art-house fare given the nature of his current film that opens in limited release Friday.

But he actually most enjoys popcorn movies, proclaiming he is no cinefile and would be lucky if he could name one Fellini film. Indeed, Phoenix's all-time favorite turns out to be one of 2008's lewdest, crudest and rudest comedies.

"In all honesty, do I want to say some really cool, obscure black-and-white movie?" Yes, I do," he say. "What movie have I've seen more than any other movie? Step Brothers. The extended unrated version. Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are (bleeping) great. Everybody is actually great in that movie. Every single part. It's the movie that has saved my relationship time and time again."

How so? As a way to diffuse any conflicts, he explains. "There are just so many lines in the movie that my girlfriend uses on me and I just start to laugh." To add further proof, Phoenix proudly shares the portrait of Reilly and Ferrell that graces his phone. Do we sense a man-crush? "I'm in love with those guys."

http://content.usatoday....pack-fave/1#.UExR8JacySp

LOL It will take too long for me to explain why I find this so funny.

Joaquin's hair always has had a life of its own but I thought the colour looked different to usual in these photos.

sami wrote:
I said I wouldn't post but I couldn't help it. I hope you won't be teasing me forever now

Always affectionate teasing. BigGrin

Have you ever read any D.H.Lawrence?

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:25:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:50:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Well, since this is the picture section let' s add done pics , no?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
  UserPostedImage
 UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I'm starting to like her. She seems very nice :-)

She reminds me of a swan :
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:18:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:36:55 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Ok, this is not Toronto but the pic is so adorable I couldn't resist !
This is PSH with his kids for Halloween. Laugh
UserPostedImage

Joy, I wanted to dedicate u an image but is one of those u can't share . Bummer :(

Instead Here's a new one we haven't seen:
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, September 10, 2012 1:12:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:51:45 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

You don’t have to worry about your English as far as I’m concerned, Sami. BigGrin

Yes, I have seen ‘La Dolce Vita’ although it was many years ago. I liked it too and it’s also the only Fellini film I could actually name – like a good many people I guess who enjoy a range of films but who are not cinephiles.

Have you seen ‘Stepbrothers’? I had never heard of this film until Joaquin mentioned it so I looked on Youtube for some clips. The one I watched was called ‘Top ten funny moments in Stepbrothers’. Hmm….there was a scene where a family are in car and singing an acapella version of Guns & Roses’ ‘Sweet Child of Mine’. I thought this scene was funny but the others……nope. Huh Laugh Obviously, I’m not on Joaquin’s wavelength. My brothers might be though. Laugh To be honest, this is not a film I would choose to watch, but each to their own. Will Ferrell’s acting also grates on my nerves, although I thought ‘Anchorman’ was ok and I enjoyed ‘Elf'. So, not only do I have a different sense of humour to Joaquin we also have different tastes in men. LOL

D. H. Lawrence is an English writer - you can look him up on Wikipedia if you’d like to know more about him (saves typing time for me – lazybones.) The reason I mentioned him is because he wrote a novel called ‘Women in Love’ and the two main female characters, who are sisters, have an episode where they are teasing someone, but not in a bad way. It came to my mind at the time.

That’s interesting what you say about colleagues in the music world: I think this kind of thing goes on in all professions and social groups and can be a really unfriendly way of being with people. Intimidating.

Aww…..never mind about the pic, Sami. Like they say, it’s the thought that counts. *hugs!*

Love the other pics! AA is gorgeous.

Offline sami  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:08:19 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Joy,

I'm just sneaking in to leave a link to the image I wanted to show you:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2223941888/nm0001618

I love how Joaquin looks in this picture. He has one eye bigger than the other but it's ok. This happens to me too when I'm under a lot of pressure. Can you imagine having all the spotlights suddenly pointing at you ?! He's doing great considering !

I will be back later once I finish my "to do" list for the day !

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:03:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:53:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Off topic, and of course none of our business really... but seeing as you've linked to the picture Sami and i know it's been touched on before here... anyone know how Joaquin and Heather Christie have come to be a couple?

UserPostedImage

I know she has a child with Chili Peppers' Anthony Kiedis... and i thought/assumed Anthony and Joaquin were friends:

UserPostedImage

Seems like a George Harrison/Eric Clapton/Pattie Boyd type scenario maybe? Has anyone been i record to say how the relationship developed?

... or maybe they are just friends, and Joaquin invited her to accompany him to The Master premieres?

I bet Joaquin hates people talking about this side of his life... i can just feel it BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:00:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:15:10 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

"You don’t have to worry about your English as far as I’m concerned, Sami. BigGrin "
Thank you very much. It means a lot to me !

"Yes, I have seen ‘La Dolce Vita’ although it was many years ago. I liked it too and it’s also the only Fellini film I could actually name – like a good many people I guess who enjoy a range of films but who are not cinephiles."

I also bought a DVD of his last movie. It's a bit weird but interesting . It's about the fall of the Roman empire.. A 60's movie .

"Have you seen ‘Stepbrothers’? I had never heard of this film until Joaquin mentioned it so I looked on Youtube for some clips. The one I watched was called ‘Top ten funny moments in Stepbrothers’. Hmm….there was a scene where a family are in car and singing an acapella version of Guns & Roses’ ‘Sweet Child of Mine’. I thought this scene was funny but the others……nope. Huh Laugh Obviously, I’m not on Joaquin’s wavelength. My brothers might be though. Laugh To be honest, this is not a film I would choose to watch, but each to their own. Will Ferrell’s acting also grates on my nerves, although I thought ‘Anchorman’ was ok and I enjoyed ‘Elf'. So, not only do I have a different sense of humour to Joaquin we also have different tastes in men. LOL "

I am so sorry but I haven't seen any Will Ferrell movies at all. I don't feel compelled to watch them . My ex used to love this kind of movies. He once brought me to see The 40 Year Old Virgin and he was so thrilled. I thought it was creepy ! I It must be a guys thing ..
I enjoy British humor much more. The best of the Olimpics opening cerimony to me was Atkinson playing that one key in Chariots of Fire. Ahaha :D his face is so expressive !!

"D. H. Lawrence is an English writer - you can look him up on Wikipedia if you’d like to know more about him (saves typing time for me – lazybones.) The reason I mentioned him is because he wrote a novel called ‘Women in Love’ and the two main female characters, who are sisters, have an episode where they are teasing someone, but not in a bad way. It came to my mind at the time. "

Great ! I know which one will be the next novel I read , thank you. Truth is that I read tones of stuff online (mainly articles) but not books. I need to switch back to old good habits :)

"That’s interesting what you say about colleagues in the music world: I think this kind of thing goes on in all professions and social groups and can be a really unfriendly way of being with people. Intimidating. "

You know what? I think I should speak my mind more often because only then I can realize its all relative. It's kind of crazy but an old friend of mine used to tell me all the time : " It's all in your mind" easy said !

"Aww…..never mind about the pic, Sami. Like they say, it’s the thought that counts. *hugs!*

Love the other pics! AA is gorgeous. "

I think she is too. I love her vibes as well ! She is a bit in the background in this movie but I have the impression she is really good. I will check out some of her movies .

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:21:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:42:16 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin,

That's a good question. How did they hook up ? I have no idea! I could only speculate. I will tell you my gut feeling because they say usually that's what's right ..
When I saw their pics in Venice I thought it was strange. Joaquin has always been careful not to be seen w/ girlfriends in places where he knows he can be photographed or filmed. There are very few pics of his private life if you notice which means he's super careful considering he lives in LA. So to me, when I saw those pics taken I thought : why does he want to be photographed w/ his girlfriend now ? I thought he didn't like it.

It just seemed strange but maybe it isn't .

Then when the TIFF pics came in initially I rejected them but it could be because I was upset Joaquin chose a younger woman .. This for a 30 something fan is like a punch in the stomach , but well, you get on with it. What can you do ? But now in cold, I think there's much more to this story than what it seems. I look at this pics and there is a hidden key, a mystery ... If I only could read their minds !!

What I'm not sure us whether he has a gf or whether he wants us to believe he has a gf. Joaquin is going to jump into another status after this movie. He is famous now but he 'a been on the sidelines. I don't think he will be able to "hide" anymore. People are comparing him to Al Pacino, to Marlon Brando ,... He's gonna get really big. He is going to attract a lot of women . Do you think he is interested in letting them know he's single ? Probably not.

This could be a motivation for showing everybody his new gf.

Then again , maybe it's true and they are together.

Since ISH it makes me doubt every single thing now !

Sorry, this is all I can tell you .

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:52:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:34:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Sami,

You've made some good observations. I guess, until the situation becomes clearer, we can assume Joaquin and Heather are just friends... after all, friends hold hands too!

We'll have to see who occompanies him to the Oscars Wink
Offline joy  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:03:03 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Admin,

I don’t know how Joaquin and HC got together either. I read that she was with AK and they have a child together but split up a few years ago; if that’s true, then a GH/PB/ EC situation wouldn’t be an exact fit. I also had the impression that Joaquin has a long-time friendship with AK so it seems reasonable to assume that Joaquin has also known HC for a long time.

Sami, (or should I say Grace? BigGrin)

Thank you for the link to the photo! *hugs!* Joaquin's left eye does look odd but he also looks tired too (I noticed this from some of the other photos before) which is not surprising considering he travelled to Venice from America and then back to America and then Canada and back to America all within a week. Throw in a press conference and lots of talking to journalists (and who knows what else) and it's not surprising he looks tired. It is a nice ensemble photograph, but he must get a bit fed up of having cameras in his face all the time at these events.

I like your idea about Joaquin pretending to have a girlfriend to deter all the ladies who will want to have him now that his star is set to burn even brighter. Left-field; like your idea that Joaquin is an Empiricist. I wonder if the knowledge he has a girlfriend will deter some women though? A thought has just occurred to me: Joaquin has been in this situation before, with ‘Walk the Line’. If memory serves me he didn’t have a girlfriend at that time and everyone was talking about him winning the Oscar and heaping praise on him and so on. It must have been like a pressure cooker for him at that time. Maybe he realises that things are going to get a bit mad for him in the build-up to the Oscars and all the other awards and he wants to have someone with him to help keep his feet on the ground and cope with it all. Someone who he knows and gets on with.

I have more to say, but am not having a good day today so will come back tomorrow to add more to what you've said and give my own thoughts.

Offline sami  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:43:57 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hello,

It's good to read both of your comments!

Admin,
Why do you assume they are just friends ? I don't think it's typical for friends to hold hands... unless they want to show they are there for each other . Do you assume that Joaquin and Heather are just friends and they have agreed that Heather will play the accompanist role? 
I'm curious what makes you think this way. 

Joy,
Anthony and Joaquin must have known each other for even a longer time than Heather. I read that River and Anthony were good friends back in the 90ies.. It is very likely Joaquin must have hang out with them too. That would mean they potentially know each other for almost 20 years ?!

You make a good point. He must be so tired!! Those flights across the Atlantic are so long and then taking the plane again to Canada..

Yes, my theory about keeping female fans at the bay is not very strong .. I like your idea that having someone on your side makes things more pleasurable . I know I would do the same. It must be so boring otherwise !!

I hope you have a good rest . 
Xx

Ps. Please don't call me Grace !! Laugh
Offline sami  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:48:26 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy,

I read your comment on the master thread. I am very tired today. I will get to it in the weekend :-) just to let u know :-) Summertime is over Huh
Offline sami  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 3:13:39 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I have changed my mind. I don't want to know more. I think I may have reached my tolerable amount of gossip level Scared
Offline joy  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:24:40 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

OK Sami. no problem.

I don't have much more in the way of gossip to add anyway, except to say that looking at all the recent photos in Venice & TIFF is a bit like looking at one of those inkblot pics. What do you see? I think there’s more to it all than meets the eye too. I'm going with my first reaction, right or wrong.

sami wrote:
I enjoy British humor much more. The best of the Olimpics opening cerimony to me was Atkinson playing that one key in Chariots of Fire. Ahaha :D his face is so expressive !!

Laugh Yeah! Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean was a good choice because he has such universal appeal. British humour has lots of strands to it but that segment showed off our habit of not taking ourselves too seriously really well. Sir Simon Rattle was a good sport too.

sami wrote:
Great ! I know which one will be the next novel I read , thank you. Truth is that I read tones of stuff online (mainly articles) but not books. I need to switch back to old good habits :)

I hope you enjoy it. Perhaps you will also see some parallels with Empiricism and Rationalism between the sisters and their lovers. Not that I did when I read it, but after reading what you posted about E & R the thought crossed my mind.

sami wrote:
You know what? I think I should speak my mind more often because only then I can realize its all relative. It's kind of crazy but an old friend of mine used to tell me all the time : " It's all in your mind" easy said !

I’m no expert but intention is important I think. For example: are they looking down on you? Are they just trying to make conversation? Are they looking to see if you have the same tastes? How are they saying these things? And so on, etc. Maybe sometimes people are being snobby with you but maybe sometimes they're not.

sami wrote:
Ps. Please don't call me Grace !! Laugh

Okey dokey. WinkBigGrin Nice photo, btw. I think she was very beautiful and a good actress too.

sami wrote:
I read your comment on the master thread. I am very tired today. I will get to it in the weekend :-) just to let u know :-) Summertime is over

Thanks. I know, it's sad, isn't it? I have been smelling Autumn in the air for the last couple of weeks. Hope you have a good rest too. *hugs!*

admin wrote:
We'll have to see who occompanies him to the Oscars Wink

Joaquin took his mom last time, didn't he? Do you remember when he mouthed the words "I love you (something)" at the cameras? Do you think he did that on purpose to get his fans going?

Offline sami  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 11:22:32 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Joy,

I've read it, I've read it !! I'm on my phone cause my computer is *still* broken. It takes me a long time to post quotes w/ phone so I'll just have to reply another day.. Gggg. It's frustrating when machines stop working !! Lol

I love your comments, your ideas, you're a wise person. I agree with you, watching those pics is like looking at the ink lots, everybody sees different things.. It's fascinating !

Ok, will respond properly as soon as technology allows Bored Hugs in the meantime for you and dear Admin <3
Offline sami  
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:32:27 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I just saw this. I don't know if it's reliable .

As for Phoenix and Christie's current relationship, a source tells the Daily News, "They have been dating for quite a few months now and he asked her to join him. It just recently got serious between them." The source also confirms that Phoenix has bonded with Christie's son and would make a great dad. "He's surprisingly really great with kids."

http://m.mstarz.com/arti...end-heather-christie.htm
Offline admin  
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Hello,

It's good to read both of your comments!

Admin,
Why do you assume they are just friends ? I don't think it's typical for friends to hold hands... unless they want to show they are there for each other . Do you assume that Joaquin and Heather are just friends and they have agreed that Heather will play the accompanist role? 
I'm curious what makes you think this way. 

Hi Sami,

I made my assumption that Joaquin and Heather are just friends based are the fact that there has been no reports saying they are together, and also that Joaquin is normally very private when it comes to putting his relationships on display. I've seen plenty of photos with Joaquin and his other family members, but not with previous girlfriends that much.

I see you've now posted a link which suggests that Joaquin and Heather are an item. Well found! Laugh I guess the relationship must be something special for Joaquin to put it on display at The Master premieres. Let's see if he takes Heather to the oscars when he goes to pick up his best Actor award! Wink