JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2012 9:17:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sami wrote:
Joy , I see where you're coming from but it doesn't mean it's not disgusting !

I did say that I wasn't condoning KK's stance.

Is the plight of the Bahrainian people something you actively support?

Offline sami  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2012 2:54:57 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Joy , I see where you're coming from but it doesn't mean it's not disgusting !

I did say that I wasn't condoning KK's stance.

Is the plight of the Bahrainian people something you actively support?

Joy, Are you bullying me ?
Offline joy  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:56:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Of course not! I was trying to make conversation. You posted KK's tweet, said it was disgusting, so I asked if you supported the Bharanian people's cause.

Offline admin  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:30:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Now, now, my two favorite ladies... let's all take a deep breath! Cool We're all reasonable people here... and just remember, when you're down in the dumps or angry about the world... it could be worse... you could be Kim Kardashian Wink. Just think how empty inside you would feel day after day, no wonder Joaquin stays away from all that craziness! Joaquin probably suspended his own twitter account before every ounce of sanity got drained away...
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:07:34 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Admin, at the moment we're your only two ladies!! Laugh

Kim Kardashian (whoever she is) thinks she has a great life, reading through her Tweets. Chacun a son gout. Maybe Joaquin has a private Twitter just so he can keep in touch with all his friends in 149 characters. Dunno.

This is the latest quote from one of the Twitters (or is it Twits?) our account follows:

M.J. ‏@MJ_80s
"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." ~ Allen Ginsberg

Offline sami  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:11:08 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin,

You are right. It's not right to bring our everyday struggles into the forum. I will take a dee breath and count to 10 before I type every message from now on. Sometimes it feels way too easy to just blow everything up.

I am a bit sad lately because I think I idealized Joaquin. He is not the person I thought and I need to come to terms with that. I thought he was more like Paul. I find Paul very inspiring as a person. He makes me want to be a better person and a better artist . Joaquin makes me feel empty .. it just , after all these time , and knowing he could do better but he doesn't want to. He is a celeb, fundamentally , he tries to fight it but its too late. Even if he denies it.. Celebs go: look at me look at me look at me. Joaquin goes: don't look at me don't look at me don't look at me.

It's the same thing: Me me me.
Offline admin  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:24:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Sami,

Maybe you can just concentrate on Joaquin the actor, rather than worry about the celebrity factor?

You've turned the old adage: "Never meet your Idols" (because they'll never meet your expectations) on its head! Laugh Maybe if you did actually meet Joaquin he would exceed your expectations! Cool
Offline sami  
#28 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:00:11 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
Hi Sami,

Maybe you can just concentrate on Joaquin the actor, rather than worry about the celebrity factor?

Yes,I give up. the celebrity factor makes me dizzy !

admin wrote:
You've turned the old adage: "Never meet your Idols" (because they'll never meet your expectations) on its head! Laugh Maybe if you did actually meet Joaquin he would exceed your expectations! Cool

That would be interesting. My expectations change all the time too. The only constant is his work so I guess , as you suggest I will pay attention to that. That's the wise thing to do.

It's very easy to judge and we all do it but it doesn't mean it's a trap. I think it's just a way to feel better about yourself, don't you think? To point the finger at someone and think you would do it better . u never know til you're in the same position ...

Edited by user Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:09:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:47:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
I think it's just a way to feel better about yourself, don't you think? To point the finger at someone and think you would do it better . u never know til you're in the same position ...

Yes Sami, seeing as a lot of "celebrities" that people choose to worship these days have little to no notable talent, i think it's true that people like to see these people promoted by the media to see them fall from grace to make themselves feel better. Strange world, but this is where we are. I don't think history will be kind on this period in time.
Offline joy  
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:40:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I was wondering why the forum's Twitter account has been deleted? Confused
Offline admin  
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:00:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I was wondering why the forum's Twitter account has been deleted? Confused

I'm not sure Joy... that's Sami's side of things, i'm sure she'll be along sometime to fill us in, maybe she got twitter overload! Laugh I don't use twitter myself, i keep my thoughts in my head... best place for them Blink

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:11:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#32 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:32:36 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy,

Yes, I deleted the twitter account. I didn't get overload ( very funny Admin BigGrin ) but I didn't get anything out of it. Just promoting the forum which isn't actually my job (wouldn't that be Admin's ?) Mellow I also didn't feel the need to get more people to join anymore. I like it as it is.BigGrin In any case, if you want me to get it back up we have 30 days to change our mnds. Cool

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:40:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#33 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I can do without the Twitter, Sami. Seems to me we just got people passing by to read rather than post, anyway, with one or two exceptions. Cool
Offline sami  
#34 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:46:51 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy, I'm also very happy with new people joining but I felt a bit uncomfortable as we got a lot of "lurkers" too.. In any case, they know where we are now if they want to join. We had 72 followers on twitter actually !
Offline admin  
#35 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:49:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Joy, I'm also very happy with new people joining but I felt a bit uncomfortable as we got a lot of "lurkers" too.. In any case, they know where we are now if they want to join. We had 72 followers on twitter actually !

Yes Sami, true Joaquin fans should be able to find their way here one way or another... it's not hard! BigGrin

Offline joy  
#36 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:46:23 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I always meant to ask you, Admin, because you've said this before. What is a true Joaquin fan do you think?
Offline sami  
#37 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:32:07 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
sami wrote:

Yes Sami, true Joaquin fans should be able to find their way here one way or another... it's not hard! BigGrin

I don't know about others experiences Admin, but it wasn't easy to find this for me. I didn't think about typing Joaquin's address, I did a google search and it didn't show on the search .. I found imbd and others but not this one .. I don't think ppl types addresses but they do google searches .. Confused
Offline admin  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:34:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I always meant to ask you, Admin, because you've said this before. What is a true Joaquin fan do you think?

Hi Joy,

I guess in this context, i mean a "true fan" being someone who wants to come along and pro-actively discuss rather than just read, e.g. not passive. Of course, some people are great Joaquin fans, but also shy, that's fine too! There's plenty to read here thanks to the regulars! Cool

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 10:40:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#39 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:39:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
I don't know about others experiences Admin, but it wasn't easy to find this for me. I didn't think about typing Joaquin's address, I did a google search and it didn't show on the search .. I found imbd and others but not this one .. I don't think ppl types addresses but they do google searches .. Confused

Hi Sami,

According to the latest stats for the site, 97% of the traffic comes from google searches... and i can see from the search terms people are using that they are searching terms and subjects that we discuss! So, all looks good on that front at present. BigGrin

and, at present, 50% of visitors are new visitors that haven't visited before, so plenty of room for new members if they feel brave enough and want to chat!
Offline sami  
#40 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:30:36 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thanks for the stats Admin Cool now I understand why you are so confident about ppl finding the site since almost all visits come from google... In any case, I wanted to let you know that twitter is restored in case you ever want to use it. It's good as a networking tool .

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 1:36:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified