JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:20:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Just noticed that Joaquin Phoenix's twitter account has been suspended:

Joaquin Phoenix's Twitter account

When it was active it was verified by twitter as Joaquin's official verified account. How strange?

Maybe Joaquin suspended it himself, wouldn't surprise me! Laugh
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:28:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

That wasn't Joaquin's account. It was a fake !! Anybody could tell !! They used the verified check but it wasn't Joaquin.
Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 2:19:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That's good to hear Sami, maybe Joaquin asked for it to be suspended.

I'm not sure how twitter go about verifying it's the "real person", but that account definitely was classed as "verified" with the little blue circle tick symbol. For instance, here's the official Gillian Anderson twitter account with the blue circle tick:

Gillian Anderson Twitter Account

You'd probably know better than me about twitter as i don't have an account, but are you sure the JRPhoenix account was fake? Is it quite easy to fake an account as verified?
Offline sami  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 4:26:59 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi Admin,

I spotted that account before and reading the tweets , it was sort if obvious it wasn't serious. It seemed more of a prank. The tweets were too obviously silly. With spelling and grammar mistakes, on purpose . The verified check made me doubt but I finally saw it was just somebody faking it. I don't think that was Joaquin 's style.

I posted it here in the interview thread asking about it and perhaps her publicist or somebody else saw it and reported it. There's a button on twitter for each page to report spam . I had an account suspended once for posting spam , .. I wasn't doing it but a friend told me I probably was a victim of gang reporting. They can make it happen if they don't like your ideas ! Well.. These are my 2 cents :)
Offline sami  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:55:14 PM(UTC)
sami

You are welcome Admin Razz
Offline admin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:02:09 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thank you Sami Flapper
Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 12:19:21 PM(UTC)
sami

Well, Joaquin 's twitter has been suspended but ours has just been created !!

TA-DA!

https://mobile.twitter.com/joaquinphoenixf
Offline admin  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 4:13:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Well, Joaquin 's twitter has been suspended but ours has just been created !!

TA-DA!

All future marketing questions to be directed to Sami as the JoaquinPhoenix.com P.R. director! BigGrin
Offline sami  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 8:20:12 AM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:

All future marketing questions to be directed to Sami as the JoaquinPhoenix.com P.R. director! BigGrin

OMG, I'm feeling the pressure now Laugh Laugh !

FYI we got a retweet from cigs and red vines ! That just made my day Laugh
https://mobile.twitter.com/cigsandredvines/tweets

Offline sami  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:37:45 PM(UTC)
sami

Admin,

I'm not a good PR person. We only had 9 followers and o2 left already.. I got tired of it . If anyone wants to "cover my position"BigGrin let me know !
But listen, I think Joaquin is on twitter. This looks like the real one : https://twitter.com/wuahkeen
If you look at the people he follows it seems very real. We will need to wait for the tweets to figure this out !

Offline admin  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:37:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Sami,

Well we did get a few extra people register on the forum while you were doing your twitter PR, but unfortunately they didn't contribute any posts. Seems like there are many people who are interested in Joaquin, his movies, his life and his career... but not enough to discuss, which i'm sure Joaquin is more than happy with BigGrin

Hmmm, i'm not convinced yet about the new twitter account being Joaquin's official twitter account. It all looks too obvious to me, someone doing all the things you'd expect to try and make a twitter account look official (i.e. using an unposed informal photo from a recent junket, following people he has worked with on films). Especially considering this new account has appeared so soon as the other "official" one got suspended. I'm not buying it at present! Flapper Twitter just doesn't seem to be Joaquin's style... as you say, we shall see!Cool
Offline sami  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:44:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Admin, as always your comments are spot on. After thinking about it for longer I arrived at same conclusion. I am afraid I deleted the twitter.. I started feeling increasingly clumsy and silly in there. Razz
Offline admin  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:56:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Admin,

But listen, I think Joaquin is on twitter. This looks like the real one : https://twitter.com/wuahkeen
If you look at the people he follows it seems very real. We will need to wait for the tweets to figure this out !

Hey Sami, looks like the "wuahkeen" twitter account has been closed down? Guess it was just a spoof as was suspected?
Offline sami  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:37:35 PM(UTC)
sami

Yeah I saw it too !! What can have possibly happened ? Reported or suicide ?
Btw, this is starting to look like a new sport ! Lets all create Joaquin Phoenix twitter accounts, see how many followers we can get, and then, after 48h delete it. Once the trick is done repeat all over again LOL The one who gets more followers wins. We can bet money on it too !!
Offline sami  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:45:18 PM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
sami wrote:
Admin,

Hey Sami, looks like the "wuahkeen" twitter account has been closed down? Guess it was just a spoof as was suspected?

Oops , I skipped your question.. If its deleted it means it was a spoof ! You were right Admin, good call. I bought into it first . I even RT and posted a comment there . They got me !!

I was reading about the verified check and u were right , it's not easy to fake it , I think twitter contacts u if ur a celeb or famous . The one twitting wasn't Joaquin for sure though.. The last weet was : " I don't want this carrot ... " Do u think he'd tweet that ?
Offline sami  
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 3:02:29 PM(UTC)
sami

Now I want this person to go down and loose everything !

Kim Kardashian tweets :
Thanks Sheikh Khalifa for your amazing hospitality. I'm in love with The Kingdom of Bahrain @Bu_Daij70 (https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/274950396861095937)

So now she's supporting a dictator .. How much did she get paid for that tweet ?

Offline admin  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
I was reading about the verified check and u were right , it's not easy to fake it , I think twitter contacts u if ur a celeb or famous . The one twitting wasn't Joaquin for sure though.. The last weet was : " I don't want this carrot ... " Do u think he'd tweet that ?

Hi Sami,

Sorry to back track a little, but going back to your comment above.

Doesn't the "I don't want this carrot..." tweet refer to the "I don't want this Oscars carrot" comment made in the "Interview magazine" interview back in October:

Joaquin Phoenix: 'I don't want this Oscars carrot'

So, i could definitely believe that Joaquin made that tweet? And the account was set as "verified" also.

Which makes it all the curiouser why the account was suspended?
Offline joy  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 8:09:53 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Admin, apparently, Joaquin says he didn’t use the word carrot..

Recently Joaquin Phoenix rattled the film industry when he dismissed the Academy Awards during an interview with Interview magazine, as ‘bullshit’ and the ‘worst-tasting carrot’ he had ever had in his whole life. But when I chat to him at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills where he has come to promote his new movie The Master, the two-time Academy nominee denied using the word carrot.

“I don’t know what the context of the conversation was. I don’t remember,” he says, recomposing himself.

http://ukscreen.com/arti...-for-their-performance/

sami wrote:
Now I want this person to go down and loose everything !

Kim Kardashian tweets :
Thanks Sheikh Khalifa for your amazing hospitality. I'm in love with The Kingdom of Bahrain @Bu_Daij70 (https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/274950396861095937)

So now she's supporting a dictator .. How much did she get paid for that tweet ?

I have no idea who this perason actually is but even if she did go down & lose everything, there would probably be someone else to take her place, so to speak. Not condoning her stance; just saying.
Offline sami  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:39:29 PM(UTC)
sami

I'm with Joy on this Admin . Just gut feeling .
Joy , I see where you're coming from but it doesn't mean it's not disgusting !
Offline sami  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 8:46:44 PM(UTC)
sami

Jaysus! I thought I had deleted if but I logged in and there it was , shinning like a diamond : Our twitter account intact !

http://twitter.com/JoaquinPhoenixF