JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#261 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:51:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Unfortunately, too close to the truth... Blink

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:01:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#262 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:56:53 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Great video, thanks for sharing Admin :) it's true, they say politics shouldn't be mixed but it's funny how something is only " too political " when it doesn't fit with both the government, and the military complex agendas.
Offline joy  
#263 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:12:10 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
You know, I saw this video earlier and thought about posting it, but thought it might not go down too well. We're all subversives, obviously. Cool

And I'd forgotten about Argo & Zero DArk 30 being up for an Oscar this year! You can tell how much brain space the Oscars occupy in my head. Blink

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:22:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#264 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:19:41 AM(UTC)
sami

Joy, yes , we may be.. For me its about justice ! The game being played is not fair . Didn't u get mad As a kid when some1 cheated ? Or didn't u stop playing with some kids if they didn't follow the rules ? It's all the same w grown ups..

I just found another reason why Freddie should win for political reasons, the good ones . Vets r struggling more than ever.

Suicide Rate Among Vets and Active Duty Military Jumps - Now 22 A Day
Almost once an hour – every 65 minutes to be precise – a military veteran commits suicide, says a new investigation by the Department of Veterans Affairs. By far the most extensive study of veteran suicides ever conducted, the report, issued Friday, examined suicide data from 1999 to 2010.
The data was then compared with a previous investigation – primarily an estimation – that had been conducted over the same time period, and had found a suicide rate of 18 per day.
Many of these suicides involve older veterans; 69 percent of the suicides recorded were by veterans age 50 and older. But another way to look at this is that 31 percent of these suicides were by veterans 49 and younger. In other words,by men in the prime of life.
And then there are the shockingly common active duty suicides. Just two weeks ago, the military released data showing that suicides among those on active duty hit a record high in 2012. There were 349 suicides among active duty personnel – almost one a day. That means there are now more suicides among active duty soldiers than there are combat deaths.
I’m not a statistician, but the information released about how the data were gathered suggests that these numbers may still be considerably underestimated. Suicides often go unreported as cause of death due to the stigma. And the data collected were from just 21 states, because these are the only states in which military status is listed on the death certificate. They were then extrapolated to apply to all 50 states.

More:
http://www.forbes.com/si...ommit-suicide-every-day/
Offline sami  
#265 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:51:43 AM(UTC)
sami

UserPostedImage
Offline joy  
#266 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:03:46 AM(UTC)
joy

Sami, this info is a sad reflection of the lasting effects war has on veterans. However, I'm opposed to giving Oscars for any political reasons.** I think the Oscars should be about 'awarding' acting and films - directing, script-writing, cinematography, etc. The fact that the awards this year seem to be increasingly political - whatever the politics - is unfair and, I think, sinister. I'm not totally naive - I know the Oscars have long been a platform with an agenda each year and I know that they have enough influence in the world psyche to always be this way. In a way I wish Joaquin hadn't been nominated because then I wouldn't feel compelled to be a part of all this hoopla. *sigh*

**This is just my stance. I'm open-minded enough to know that we all have different takes on things and we can't always agree on everything all the time with everyone. And hallelujah to that. Smile
Offline joy  
#267 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:04:50 AM(UTC)
joy

sami wrote:
UserPostedImage

What's this all about? Confused
Offline sami  
#268 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:01:27 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
Sami, this info is a sad reflection of the lasting effects war has on veterans. However, I'm opposed to giving Oscars for any political reasons.

Yes, I agree with you, but since they break the rules, I can also do it.. I was just playing with the same card.. In any case I think you put it very well here:

" I think the Oscars should be about 'awarding' acting and films - directing, script-writing, cinematography, etc. The fact that the awards this year seem to be increasingly political - whatever the politics - is unfair and, I think, sinister. "

joy wrote:
I'm not totally naive - I know the Oscars have long been a platform with an agenda each year and I know that they have enough influence in the world psyche to always be this way. In a way I wish Joaquin hadn't been nominated because then I wouldn't feel compelled to be a part of all this hoopla. *sigh*

Me too Joy. I was like :" why am I paying attention to this again anyway?" oh yeah, Joaquin Love ..... I hope they pronounce his name well though. The strong syllable is the last not the first RollEyes I hope this is settled once for all now Crying

joy wrote:
. I'm open-minded enough to know that we all have different takes on things and we can't always agree on everything all the time with everyone. And hallelujah to that. Smile

Thank you Joy. I wish more more people were like you. It's not easy to be this way, it takes effort , to let go of your ego.. I hope one day will get there .. My ideal way to be: just love everyone and have compassion.
Offline sami  
#269 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:02:28 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
sami wrote:
UserPostedImage

What's this all about? Confused

Oh , we'll if I tell you it looses the magic.. But since I see it's not working... This was an attempt to divert your attention from the real issues LOL I see it's working, not LOL
Offline joy  
#270 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:24:33 AM(UTC)
joy

Oh, I see. Well that's as clear as fog. Laugh

Since you're in a magical frame of mind, here's Tommy Cooper performing one of his magic tricks. BigGrin
Offline sami  
#271 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:32:50 AM(UTC)
sami

Thanks Joy, I got a good laugh out of it LOL that's the kind of silly stuff I luv !!
LOL
And here 's Freddie going "wah?"

UserPostedImage

"What are they talking about ?" .. " I don't remember .."
Offline joy  
#272 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:55:06 AM(UTC)
joy

And this is David Brent from The Office joining in with your belly dancer. BigGrin

UserPostedImage

I'm obviously missing something.... Oh well...

Offline admin  
#273 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:06:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin approves and appreciates David Brent's historic dance moves...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline joy  
#274 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:28:57 AM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:

UserPostedImage

I love this clip!!!!!

I bet Joaquin would applaud some break dancing too.

Edited by moderator Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:37:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Uploaded break dancing .gif as the direct link didn't work.

joy attached the following image(s):
teg.gif (55kb) downloaded 30 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline joaqfan1  
#275 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:50:12 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

Groups: Registered

So beyond excited for next weeks Oscars as it means more sightings of Joaquin. Lucky those who live in america, Oscars don't air here so I'll be watching a livestream which will probably keep stopping but hey at least Joaquin will be there.

Even though I know the chances of him winning are very low, I'm still optimistic for some reason! I really just hope that the Academy is not afraid to go in a different direction than the other awards, and that they don't hold Joaquin's comments about the awards against him.
Offline admin  
#276 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:00:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joaqfan1 wrote:
So beyond excited for next weeks Oscars as it means more sightings of Joaquin. Lucky those who live in america, Oscars don't air here so I'll be watching a livestream which will probably keep stopping but hey at least Joaquin will be there.

Even though I know the chances of him winning are very low, I'm still optimistic for some reason! I really just hope that the Academy is not afraid to go in a different direction than the other awards, and that they don't hold Joaquin's comments about the awards against him.

Hi Joaqfan1,

As Joaquin has subsequently said, his comments weren't about the Oscars in particular, but the overall awards process of pitching actors and performers against each other. I think it's fair comment.

Anyway, the Academy have proven in the past that they can give the award on performance alone, despite the actors personal opinions:

Like you said, let's hope they show commonsense again this time! Cool It would do their credibility the world of good!

Edited by user Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:06:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#277 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:31:33 PM(UTC)
sami

joaqfan1 wrote:
I'm still optimistic for some reason! I really just hope that the Academy is not afraid to go in a different direction than the other awards, and that they don't hold Joaquin's comments about the awards against him.

admin wrote:

Like you said, let's hope they show commonsense again this time! Cool It would do their credibility the world of good!

Hear, hear ThumpUp
Offline sami  
#278 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:47:58 PM(UTC)
sami

What do you think Joaquin is going through right now ? I wonder how he is preparing for this ...
Offline kitten  
#279 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:25:42 PM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
admin wrote:

UserPostedImage

I love this clip!!!!!

I bet Joaquin would applaud some break dancing too.

Joaquin dances great, oh thanks again for the droll bib, I love it Drool
Offline admin  
#280 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 12:53:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Lincoln is merely a film, no government propaganda here, nothing to see, move long, it's just a film... Sleep

'Lincoln' DVDs to Go to All U.S. Middle and High Schools

I wonder if they will be sending a copy of The Master to every high school to show the post-war affects on the young people they send to war? RollEyes hmmm...

"Apparently due to the potentially demoralizing effects the film might have on recruitment, it was subsequently banned by the Army after its production, although some pirated copies had been made. Military police once confiscated a print Huston was about to show friends at the Museum of Modern Art. The Army claimed it invaded the privacy of the soldiers involved, and the releases Huston had obtained were lost; the War Department refused to get new ones" - Let There Be Light (1946)

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 12:58:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified