JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#41 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:14:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Oh Boy ! Blink
I wasn't here when 9/11 happened, I came the year after, 2002.. I didn't know.
I just mentioned this article because I thought it was kind of related to what you were saying before, since they are using the massacre to talk about the movie, but with in this context it's far more outrageous. We live in a world where money has far more weight than ethic. In any case, just notice that in The Master, all the Scientology talk comes from tabloids while The Master film execs have remained silent, so at least we know it doesn't come from them.
Offline sami  
#42 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 8:47:25 AM(UTC)
sami

Taking a break from work... Here's another bone:

"If your mouth was similarly agape when viewing the brand-new theatrical trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson‘s The Master, chances are you’ll want to dive deeper into each frame of this gorgeous-looking work of art. Shot by cinematographer Mihai Malaimare Jr., the crew used the large-frame 65mm film (also used in Lawrence of Arabia and 2001: A Space Odyssey), giving an unparalleled sense of detail and clarity. Mixed with the wide aspect ratio of 2.20:1 and Anderson incorporating a 1960s-70s timeless aesthetic, this one is a stunner. I’ll wait no further, as one can see over 90 high-resolution stills below for the film starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams."

http://thefilmstage.com/...-high-resolution-stills/
Offline sami  
#43 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 3:35:44 PM(UTC)
sami

Joaquin looks kind of scary in this film , not scary as in psycho but borderline psycho.. If i met a guy like this in real life i would definitely keep a distance. Of course that's the way he's supposed to look for this role, it means he's going a good job. His transformations are so real, it's scary when it's a freaky character !! I prefer the way he looks in Low Life, with a few more pounds , he looks healthier and less dangerous.
Btw, I just watched a confetence on YouTube about fructose, I will start a thread about food another day but for now Don't drink sodas or eat anything with high fructose corn syrup, it's poison. Even though it's sugar our body process it as fat, high levels of fat.. and its everywhere ..

Edited by user Monday, July 23, 2012 4:11:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:22:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Sami, those are some great HiQuality stills.

This has got to be the best one:

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:32:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:07:50 PM(UTC)
sami

This picture debunks everything I said previously. I agree with you :)
Offline admin  
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:21:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, thanks for heads-up about the spam post on the other thread. Now removed.

Have you read the script to The Master film? Is so, what do you think? I don't want to read it myself, as it may spoil the film.
Offline sami  
#47 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:55:43 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi admin, I thought it was a legit post first but using google translate it became clear! Thanks for taking care of it :)
I didn't know the script is available for people to read ! I don't want to read it either, it would spoil the movie big time !! Maybe after the movie it would be nice to read it to get more details.. So where can you read it?
Offline admin  
#48 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:02:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, someone has put it available to download as a .pdf. If you go to the imdb message board for the movie The Master.
Offline sami  
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:19:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Oh , I see, the script has been leaked Laugh ... That's crazy, right?! It shows how much people is eager to learn more about this movie !! I personally look forward to interviews,i wish they would throw us some "bones" for us to "lick" in the meantime.Wink

I wanted to ask you, have you seen There Will Be Blood? I didn't want to watch it because I figured there was a lot of violence in it, but now I am curious...

Edited by user Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:21:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:32:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, yes i've seen "There will be blood". No, very few scenes of violence, not a violent movie despite the title. More psychological. Slow placed film, but good acting performances and nice cinematography.
Offline sami  
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:25:59 AM(UTC)
sami

I will watch it then. Thanks for letting me know.. I checked the message boards for The Master and saw the post with the script.. I didn't dare to open it !
Offline sami  
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:04:13 PM(UTC)
sami

It's all about Joaquin Phoenix !
Offline sami  
#53 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:05:39 PM(UTC)
sami

NEW RELEASE DATE FOR THE MASTER:

http://www.huffingtonpos...utm_hp_ref=entertainment
'The Master' Release Date: Paul Thomas Anderson's Maybe-Scientology Film Moves To Sept. 14
"The Master" is going to deliver its message a little earlier than expected. According to Variety, and seemingly confirmed by the Weinstein Company's Twitter page, Paul Thomas Anderson's controversial film will hit theaters in limited release on Sept. 14. "The Master" was initially set to debut on Oct. 12.

Variety reported that "The Master" will take the place of "Killing Them Softly" on the Weinstein Company calendar. The Brad Pitt crime drama, which debuted to strong reviews at the Cannes Film Festival in May, was initially set to arrive on Sept. 21. It will now screen on Oct. 19.

While there has been no official word from the studio, The Weinstein Company Twitter account tweeted the Variety story about the changes.

This might not seem like a big deal, but moving "The Master" to Sept. 14 (with a wider roll-out to follow on Sept. 21) could have a major impact on the fall's film festival circuit. The mid-September date puts "The Master" in prime position to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival, which runs from Sept. 6 through Sept. 16. When asked about that possibility by HuffPost Entertainment earlier this week, Weinstein Company president Harvey Weinstein said a debut in Canada could ultimately rest with Anderson himself and whether he could ready a 70mm print of the film by September.

"He’s a filmmaker, not a video filmmaker, and I really hope that doesn’t get lost in the controversy either. He’s really trying to preserve a lost art," Weinstein said.

About that controversy: "The Master" focuses on Lancaster Dodd (Philip Seymour Hoffman), a science-fiction writer who starts his own religion -- a story similar to that of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology.

"People are going to draw their own conclusions, and right now there are heated conclusions, and the Tom and Katie situation has exacerbated that," Weinstein told HuffPost, referring to the divorce of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. "It’s going to be a controversial movie. But it’s a tour de force. I hope what doesn’t get lost is how wonderful the filmmaking is."

"The Master" could also screen at the New York Film Festival, but it wouldn't be a premiere. The prestigious film festival starts on Sept. 28. "The Master" could also open at the Venice Film Festival, where it was rumored to premiere before organizers debunked those claims.
Offline sami  
#54 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:12:36 PM(UTC)
sami

This a copy of their tweet !! It was posted yesterday. Perfect timing!

Weinstein CompanyVerified
‏@WeinsteinFilms

Follow
We know how much you are anticipating #PTA's #THEMASTER so the film will be out September 14th! http://ht.ly/cyszU
Reply Retweet Favorite
1:05 PM - 27 Jul 12 via HootSuite · Embed this Tweet
Offline sami  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
sami

Admin, for what it's worth, your arguments are all mentioned in the Weinstein's declaration. it's as if he was your mouthpiece. You have good insight !
Offline admin  
#56 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:26:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the article Sami. Glad hear The Weinstein Company saying sensible things about The Master.
Offline sami  
#57 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:35:52 AM(UTC)
sami

I concur
Offline admin  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:32:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The Master set to premiere in one months time:

"Venice Film Festival Sets "The Master" World Premiere For Sept 1"

cigsandredvines.blogspot.com
Offline sami  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:58:39 AM(UTC)
sami

Thanks for the update. The link to the blog is very interesting and educational.

It will be a pleasure to watch a modern film shot in the "old" techniques.The digital era gives a very crystal clear image, but I find it less artistic, in a way that I can't explain.
Offline sami  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 2:55:58 PM(UTC)
sami

And that's what I've been waiting for.. what the heck is 70mm?

" Ever since we first heard that PTA would be shooting “The Master” (at least partially) in 70mm, we’ve gotten a lot of questions on what exactly that means for the film. We recently learned that “more than half” of the film was shot on 70mm and so, with the film’s release almost upon us, we’ve decided to provide a user’s guide to getting a basic understanding about the large format and hopefully clear up any confusion.

We spoke to in70mm.com editor Thomas Hauerslev as well as filmmaker Craig Whitney (who spent some time on the set of Terrence Malick's “The Tree Of Life,” portions of which were filmed in 70mm) to get all the answers you might need. Because we got such great information from both sources, we’ve decided to present two different ways to absorb the info: the first part is an brief history of the format while the second part is a more direct Q&A. Enjoy. "

follow the link:

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/

Excerpt:

" 70mm is a standard motion picture format which is twice the width of 35mm. The image area is between 3 and 4 times the size of a 35mm frame (depending of if you are shooting flat or anamorphic). Shooting on 65/70mm film offers extremely high resolution images, that gives the audience a different sensation - it's much better in terms of color, sharpness, contrast - it's a life-like image, almost like a 3D sensation, but without the glasses. The 70mm image does not need to be enlarged as much as 35mm on a big screen - gives you razor sharp images. In layman's terms, it's "Motion Pictures HD." Shooting on 65mm is not done every day. "Samsara" which is released in a few weeks is also shot in 65mm film, but released only in 4K Digital format"

Edited by user Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:14:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified