JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#321 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:24:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)

Cinematic Releases: Her

"After his 2010 stunt film, I'm Still Here, Phoenix has come back stronger than ever before. His performance in Her is absolutely heartfelt and deeply mesmerizing. He transforms himself into a lost soul with such precision that you quickly forget you're watching the actor that put his career on the line for a pet project. It's with knowledge of his resume that I say his transcendent performance in Her is the role of his lifetime. Phoenix finally lays all his cards on the table and distinctly sets himself apart from every other actor of his generation by offering something no one else will: honest to goodness unquestionable emotion that made me forget anything and everything he's ever done in the past. I know longer saw Joaquin on screen. I saw a sad lost soul named Theodore, a man yearning for the true love of a soul mate. If he doesn't win an Oscar for this role, I'll be shocked, saddened, and totally amazed."

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#322 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:28:01 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Wow! What a review!

About the 'grandma'....what does that even mean...? Bit of an odd thing to say. Then DL making that comment about Moet and the pronunciation in response to SJ's comment about JP being a 'grandma' and how she wished she knew him when he was Whacky Joaquy....? Just...odd. 

Offline joy  
#323 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:51:34 AM(UTC)
joy

Grain de mais? Makes as much sense as grandma. 

Offline admin  
#324 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:41:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix Talks About ‘Her’

"What do you mean, like from the basic questions of life, like who are we, what are we doing? And what’s the point of this and what’s real, and you don’t? I was actually just reading this thing in this Science Magazine. It was suggesting they were theorising that our universe and our world experience might be a simulation and they are actually doing tests to try to see if that’s true. I think it’s a fucking fascinating idea, and it excites me. And yeah, I do think reality is totally subjective."

Offline joy  
#325 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:51:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Science fiction becoming reality. 

Didn't Buddhists understand all this (idea that the world is a simulation) before the scientists decided to wrap their heads around it though?

Offline admin  
#326 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:03:47 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Didn't Buddhists understand all this (idea that the world is a simulation) before the scientists decided to wrap their heads around it though?

Make's you wonder, if Buddhists thought reality was a simulation... why spend your life being a Buddhist?
Offline sami  
#327 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:55:22 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
Wow! What a review!
About the 'grandma'....what does that even mean...? Bit of an odd thing to say. Then DL making that comment about Moet and the pronunciation in response to SJ's comment about JP being a 'grandma' and how she wished she knew him when he was Whacky Joaquy....? Just...odd. 

Maybe she says he's like a "grandma" because he cares about people or like he wants everybody to feel good ?

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

Make's you wonder, if Buddhists thought reality was a simulation... why spend your life being a Buddhist?
I don't know a lot about Buddhism but I don't think this is actually what they say ! There are a lot of sects out there who will use false information. please watch out !
I did once had a conversation with a Christian Science person and  we were having a discussion about whether the table infront of us really existed or not. She said it wan't real  I was like... aaaalright !

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2014 12:35:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#328 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:40:11 AM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:

Cinematic Releases: Her

"After his 2010 stunt film, I'm Still Here, Phoenix has come back stronger than ever before. His performance in Her is absolutely heartfelt and deeply mesmerizing. He transforms himself into a lost soul with such precision that you quickly forget you're watching the actor that put his career on the line for a pet project. It's with knowledge of his resume that I say his transcendent performance in Her is the role of his lifetime. Phoenix finally lays all his cards on the table and distinctly sets himself apart from every other actor of his generation by offering something no one else will: honest to goodness unquestionable emotion that made me forget anything and everything he's ever done in the past. I know longer saw Joaquin on screen. I saw a sad lost soul named Theodore, a man yearning for the true love of a soul mate. If he doesn't win an Oscar for this role, I'll be shocked, saddened, and totally amazed."

What a nice review. I agree with it but I don't worry about Oscars anymore. He should have won it for Gladiator, for Johnny Cash, and for The Master. I think Freddy Quell was extraordinary but more difficult to relate to. Theodore Twombly is a very likable character !
Offline sami  
#329 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:43:04 AM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:

Academy Conversations: Her

LOL, Spike Jonze is the allien boy from the video game? That's hilarious !! 
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#330 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:07:26 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just come a while to bring an interview to you...

I love to come here a share a little moment with you but I'm going to stop because I need to concentrate again in my work... I will come sometimes here and read but I don't want to get hooked so better to come back to the books!

Edited by moderator Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:11:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Used original link source

Offline sami  
#331 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 1:31:42 AM(UTC)
sami

Fedupandstressed wrote:

I love to come here a share a little moment with you but I'm going to stop because I need to concentrate again in my work... I will come sometimes here and read but I don't want to get hooked so better to come back to the books!

Hi,
I wish you good luck on your exams ! I know what you mean about getting hooked, this is the whole point of the movie Her, how we get hooked on it and it isn't even real Not the people but the artificial intelligence !
I'm having a lot of work as well, and a bit of a "storm" coming in next week. I won't be around for a while. I hope you guys have fun though. It's been nice reconnecting with you all. I wish you all the very best !
Hugs,
Sami
Offline admin  
#332 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 1:58:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Call yourselves fans! Putting insignificant things like work and exams before Joaquin, especially during this all important carrot dangling part of the year too! 

Good luck fedupandstressed and Sami!

Offline admin  
#333 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 4:38:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her Exclusive | Behind the Scenes | FandangoMovies

Offline joy  
#334 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:10:39 AM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

What is reality? Reality isn't a simulation; the world is. 

Offline joy  
#335 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:14:05 AM(UTC)
joy

sami wrote:
Maybe she says he's like a "grandma" because he cares about people or like he wants everybody to feel good ?

That must be it.

sami wrote:
I don't know a lot about Buddhism but I don't think this is actually what they say ! There are a lot of sects out there who will use false information. please watch out ! 

They have the concept of Maya, or illusion, which is my understanding of simulation.

sami wrote:
I did once had a conversation with a Christian Science person and  we were having a discussion about whether the table infront of us really existed or not. She said it wan't real  I was like... aaaalright !

She's right. 

Offline joy  
#336 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:18:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Fedupandstressed wrote:
I just come a while to bring an interview to you...

Thanks for the interview link: I'm going to read it in a minute.

Nice to 'meet' you and maybe see you next time you're around. Good luck with all your endeavours. 

Offline joy  
#337 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:20:03 AM(UTC)
joy

sami wrote:
I'm having a lot of work as well, and a bit of a "storm" coming in next week. I won't be around for a while. I hope you guys have fun though. It's been nice reconnecting with you all. I wish you all the very best !
Hugs,
Sami

Good luck, Sami! Shame that you'll be missing the GGs here, but needs must, I guess. See you next time! 
Offline joy  
#338 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:23:12 AM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:
Call yourselves fans! Putting insignificant things like work and exams before Joaquin, especially during this all important carrot dangling part of the year too! 

Good luck fedupandstressed and Sami!

Looks like it's just me, you and maybe Kitten & justme, Admin for the GGs. When do they start exactly? 

Offline admin  
#339 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 8:20:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Looks like it's just me, you and maybe Kitten & justme, Admin for the GGs. When do they start exactly?

The Golden Globes | NBC, Sunday, 8 ET/5 PT

... which is around Midnight Sunday in the UK Joy.
See how long you can stare at this before feeling Barfing

Offline admin  
#340 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 9:40:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Man