JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2122232425>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#441 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 10:58:22 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Fedupandstressed wrote:
Hi!

Just came here to tell you that I found the suposed Spike Jonze profile in Instagram... I'm not sure to be really him, but he has been replying some questions about Her...

@plntnl The idea I guess I originally had almost 10 years ago, from when I had an IM chat with an artificial program online, and it was really limited obviously, it was Alicebot or one of those things (I can't remember what the name was exactly). And from that I had the initial idea of a man having a relationship with an artificial intelligence program. But then it was probably wasn't until 5 years later that I started thinking about it more as a way to write about relationships, and trying to understand them"

pr4nn0yAre you working on anything new with Girl, Chocolate or Lakai? @spikejonze1
spikejonze1@pr4nn0y A few days ago we talked about the plans for the new Lakai video. It begins!

This is the link of his Intsagram: http://instagram.com/p/kCherLiM2g/

Spike is adorable just as Joaquin !
I mean Joaquin when not being interviewed :)
Offline sami  
#442 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:45:25 AM(UTC)
sami

NEW INTERVIEW from The Guardian- 
Nice read
Joaquin says he has never been heart broken !

Around halfway through I'm Still Here, the 2010 documentary chroniclingJoaquin Phoenix's short-lived rap career and apparent retirement from acting, he undertakes a shambolic press junket, snapping when a journalist asks if it's all a hoax. "It's hard not to get offended, because you're talking about my life," barks Phoenix. "As if my life's a fuckin' joke to you."

1. Her
  2. Production year: 2013
  3. Directors: Spike Jonze
  4. Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson
  5. More on this film

It's moderately disconcerting, having recently watched that sequence, to be here in a hotel suite with Phoenix, another journalist talking about his life. When I enter the room, though, he's standing. His hair long from filming Paul Thomas Anderson's Inherent Vice, he's seemingly ego-free, loose and engaged, joking around from the off. Throughout the interview there's never a sense that he's humouring me, trotting out answers or overtly plugging anything, even the film he's here to plug

In Spike Jonze's Her, set in a near future LA, Phoenix is Theodore, a despondent, solitary writer whose life picks up when he falls in love with Samantha, a portable, artificially intelligent operating system who provides more than he could have hoped for. Can Phoenix sympathise with the character? Does he ever talk to Siri? "I swear about three weeks ago was the first time that I ever tried to talk to Siri and it didn't work out well; I think I might have said a couple of nasty things and maybe she was offended," he says. "I remember seeing sci-fi movies as a kid and they had video telephones, and I thought, 'I'm definitely doing that when that happens.' Now I have Facetime and maybe I've used it twice."

So was it Her's exploration of relationships that appealed to him more than the technology issues it raises? "It was both, and also just the idea of how subjective love is. I thought there were these really interesting ideas. When I saw the cut, I immediately had the instinct to talk to somebody else about it. It's that kind of movie, it inspires these thoughts in you. It's rare to have a movie where you wanna connect with somebody else and communicate some of the ideas."

Nobody does inner turmoil better than Phoenix, who's excelled at angst ever since his troubled teen in 1989's Parenthood, and he's exceptional in Her. Samantha is audible but invisible, so Phoenix's physical responses speak for both of them, and Jonze has said he cast Phoenix because he needed someone as compelling as him to make that work. The deal was sealed after Jonze saw a softer, more vulnerable side to the actor in the unlikely setting of an interview on the David Letterman show, and Phoenix is very much the lost puppy in Her. Some of the film's strongest scenes involve Theodore's failed marriage – he doesn't want to let go, even if he knows he should – and when the final nail is hammered in, his face crumbles only subtly, his eyes sinking into heartbreak.

Reading this on mobile? Click here to view

"Yeah, you know… I've never had one of those relationships," says Phoenix when I ask if the scene struck a chord. "I've never had one which ended that I felt heartbroken and consumed by. The closest I've got is getting my ego bruised a little bit. But I've never had the experience of, 'That was somebody I really loved and I'm not done.'" He's really never been heartbroken? "No. I've had unrequited love. I've definitely been like, 'I love you,' and they don't feel the same. But I've never been in a relationship and been heartbroken. When I arrived [to start filming] I think it was obvious that I hadn't really given myself over to heartbreak. I remember those first couple of days very distinctly as being a battering, like, 'Fuck!' Just really trying to get into the space of what that was, and it being something that was a bit foreign to me, because part of me was, 'Well, fuck it, come on, pick yourself up, go do something, you'll be fine!' Maybe that sounds really weird." Maybe. He's lucky. "Yeah. It'll happen," he says, not entirely convincingly.

Jonze had seen I'm Still Here before casting Phoenix. That film began as a joke, a sort of character sketch, he says, but its director, his friend Casey Affleck, wanted all or nothing. Phoenix, having committed to the project, submitted to the director's wishes. And there's much substance to what he did; he never seriously planned to abandon acting, but hewas bored. The conceit was a lie founded on truth, and that four-year hole in his IMDb list, beginning not long after he won a Golden Globe forWalk The Line, is real. Was it something he felt necessary to do in order to rejuvenate himself?

"Sounds like a good thing to say to an interviewer: 'I did this to rejuvenate myself!'" he says, springing to life, turning up the volume. "In some ways that was the idea, or the hope. I don't know if I had a fuckin' plan, it was just: 'I don't wanna do it the way I've been doing it, I wanna try something fucking different.' It's funny bringing up Spike because the great story from Being John Malkovich is Malkovich doing a scene, then Spike saying, 'Um, I don't think John would do that.' And we had that experience all the time. I would almost argue that the character [in I'm Still Here] is as much Casey's invention – and maybe even more in some ways – as mine."

He talks of being jaded by the repetitiveness of film sets, of learning lines and hitting marks. "I just wanted to do something where I didn't have the safety net, the opportunity to do multiple takes all the time," he says. "We knew I was going to retire and I was gonna try to do a certain thing and I was going to get smacked down. That's all we had. And that was really an exciting way of working: not knowing what somebody was going to say."

Even after the veil had been lifted, the message still remained, I suggest, that he isn't a gameplayer, that he marches to the beat of his own drum. "I don't know about that. You like to think you're being true to yourself but I'm sure I've fuckin' schmoozed!" he laughs. "You go to premieres and you shake hands and go round. I wear a fuckin' suit that I wouldn't normally fuckin' wear. You'd like to feel that you're not that, but you are in some ways. But I feel like you're going after something that I'm not answering. I'm just trying to be truthful because I also know that sometimes those stories can get spun the other way, 'He's on the edge! This guy, he says no to the system!' And they love pumping up that person, but he's not totally that way, just like that other guy's not totally the fuckin' kiss-ass. Do you know what I mean?"

do. In fact I feel foolish for ladening him with grand attributes. I'm Still Here was, in part, a reaction to what he and Affleck see as the mythologisation of actors, which is precisely what I'm doing with this talk of rejuvenation and non-gameplaying. Still, Phoenix is the man who, in 2012, called the awards circuit "total, utter bullshit," a dog and pony show he wanted no part of. And I'm Still Here has by his own admission informed what he's done since. He's specifically working with directors who give him leeway to explore spontaneity, to get lost in the moment. Some of his more unnerving scenes in Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master were improvised, including the bit in which he smashes up a toilet, while Jonze gave him similar freedom. As far as I can tell this wasn't always the case.

"Yeah, there are certain movies I've done because I felt it was the right thing to do for my career," he says. "That's the reality. You go, 'Fuck me: I don't necessarily want to do this movie, but I don't dislike it, and there are some interesting parts…' And I convince myself a little bit. Unfortunately that's the truth."

My assumption is he wouldn't do that now. "Who knows?" he says. "I'd like to think that also, I really would. But I don't know. I'm changing; I'll be a different person in five years. In five years the kind of movies I want to make might be totally different. I just want different experiences. Everyone tries to cast you in your public persona, and… I like action movies. I like superhero movies. And there might be a time when I wanna do something like that. It's just, I haven't wanted to. And then it becomes, 'Oh, he's this kind of actor.' I'm not that kind of actor, I'm just gonna follow what my interests are, and it might be this kind of film and it might be something different, I don't know. Does that make sense?"

I'm Still Here reminded Phoenix how it felt to have genuine frisson on camera and that's all he really wants: to get lost in it all. "The kind of actor I want to be is a child actor," he says as we wrap up. "Children don't have all the shit that we have, years of interviews, self-evaluation, thinking about yourself." For someone who would prefer not to evaluate himself, though, Phoenix is a generous interviewee. Last month he even dutifully attended the Golden Globes for his Her nomination. That said, he wore a cardigan instead of "a fuckin' suit".

Her is out on in the UK on 14 Feb

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/08/joaquin-phoenix-her-spike-jonze

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#443 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:51:13 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
Nice read

Around halfway through I'm Still Here, the 2010 documentary chroniclingJoaquin Phoenix's short-lived rap career and apparent retirement from acting, he undertakes a shambolic press junket, snapping when a journalist asks if it's all a hoax. "It's hard not to get offended, because you're talking about my life," barks Phoenix. "As if my life's a fuckin' joke to you."

1. Her
  2. Production year: 2013
  3. Directors: Spike Jonze
  4. Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson
  5. More on this film

It's moderately disconcerting, having recently watched that sequence, to be here in a hotel suite with Phoenix, another journalist talking about his life. When I enter the room, though, he's standing. His hair long from filming Paul Thomas Anderson's Inherent Vice, he's seemingly ego-free, loose and engaged, joking around from the off. Throughout the interview there's never a sense that he's humouring me, trotting out answers or overtly plugging anything, even the film he's here to plug

In Spike Jonze's Her, set in a near future LA, Phoenix is Theodore, a despondent, solitary writer whose life picks up when he falls in love with Samantha, a portable, artificially intelligent operating system who provides more than he could have hoped for. Can Phoenix sympathise with the character? Does he ever talk to Siri? "I swear about three weeks ago was the first time that I ever tried to talk to Siri and it didn't work out well; I think I might have said a couple of nasty things and maybe she was offended," he says. "I remember seeing sci-fi movies as a kid and they had video telephones, and I thought, 'I'm definitely doing that when that happens.' Now I have Facetime and maybe I've used it twice."

So was it Her's exploration of relationships that appealed to him more than the technology issues it raises? "It was both, and also just the idea of how subjective love is. I thought there were these really interesting ideas. When I saw the cut, I immediately had the instinct to talk to somebody else about it. It's that kind of movie, it inspires these thoughts in you. It's rare to have a movie where you wanna connect with somebody else and communicate some of the ideas."

Nobody does inner turmoil better than Phoenix, who's excelled at angst ever since his troubled teen in 1989's Parenthood, and he's exceptional in Her. Samantha is audible but invisible, so Phoenix's physical responses speak for both of them, and Jonze has said he cast Phoenix because he needed someone as compelling as him to make that work. The deal was sealed after Jonze saw a softer, more vulnerable side to the actor in the unlikely setting of an interview on the David Letterman show, and Phoenix is very much the lost puppy in Her. Some of the film's strongest scenes involve Theodore's failed marriage – he doesn't want to let go, even if he knows he should – and when the final nail is hammered in, his face crumbles only subtly, his eyes sinking into heartbreak.

Reading this on mobile? Click here to view

"Yeah, you know… I've never had one of those relationships," says Phoenix when I ask if the scene struck a chord. "I've never had one which ended that I felt heartbroken and consumed by. The closest I've got is getting my ego bruised a little bit. But I've never had the experience of, 'That was somebody I really loved and I'm not done.'" He's really never been heartbroken? "No. I've had unrequited love. I've definitely been like, 'I love you,' and they don't feel the same. But I've never been in a relationship and been heartbroken. When I arrived [to start filming] I think it was obvious that I hadn't really given myself over to heartbreak. I remember those first couple of days very distinctly as being a battering, like, 'Fuck!' Just really trying to get into the space of what that was, and it being something that was a bit foreign to me, because part of me was, 'Well, fuck it, come on, pick yourself up, go do something, you'll be fine!' Maybe that sounds really weird." Maybe. He's lucky. "Yeah. It'll happen," he says, not entirely convincingly.

Jonze had seen I'm Still Here before casting Phoenix. That film began as a joke, a sort of character sketch, he says, but its director, his friend Casey Affleck, wanted all or nothing. Phoenix, having committed to the project, submitted to the director's wishes. And there's much substance to what he did; he never seriously planned to abandon acting, but hewas bored. The conceit was a lie founded on truth, and that four-year hole in his IMDb list, beginning not long after he won a Golden Globe forWalk The Line, is real. Was it something he felt necessary to do in order to rejuvenate himself?

"Sounds like a good thing to say to an interviewer: 'I did this to rejuvenate myself!'" he says, springing to life, turning up the volume. "In some ways that was the idea, or the hope. I don't know if I had a fuckin' plan, it was just: 'I don't wanna do it the way I've been doing it, I wanna try something fucking different.' It's funny bringing up Spike because the great story from Being John Malkovich is Malkovich doing a scene, then Spike saying, 'Um, I don't think John would do that.' And we had that experience all the time. I would almost argue that the character [in I'm Still Here] is as much Casey's invention – and maybe even more in some ways – as mine."

He talks of being jaded by the repetitiveness of film sets, of learning lines and hitting marks. "I just wanted to do something where I didn't have the safety net, the opportunity to do multiple takes all the time," he says. "We knew I was going to retire and I was gonna try to do a certain thing and I was going to get smacked down. That's all we had. And that was really an exciting way of working: not knowing what somebody was going to say."

Even after the veil had been lifted, the message still remained, I suggest, that he isn't a gameplayer, that he marches to the beat of his own drum. "I don't know about that. You like to think you're being true to yourself but I'm sure I've fuckin' schmoozed!" he laughs. "You go to premieres and you shake hands and go round. I wear a fuckin' suit that I wouldn't normally fuckin' wear. You'd like to feel that you're not that, but you are in some ways. But I feel like you're going after something that I'm not answering. I'm just trying to be truthful because I also know that sometimes those stories can get spun the other way, 'He's on the edge! This guy, he says no to the system!' And they love pumping up that person, but he's not totally that way, just like that other guy's not totally the fuckin' kiss-ass. Do you know what I mean?"

do. In fact I feel foolish for ladening him with grand attributes. I'm Still Here was, in part, a reaction to what he and Affleck see as the mythologisation of actors, which is precisely what I'm doing with this talk of rejuvenation and non-gameplaying. Still, Phoenix is the man who, in 2012, called the awards circuit "total, utter bullshit," a dog and pony show he wanted no part of. And I'm Still Here has by his own admission informed what he's done since. He's specifically working with directors who give him leeway to explore spontaneity, to get lost in the moment. Some of his more unnerving scenes in Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master were improvised, including the bit in which he smashes up a toilet, while Jonze gave him similar freedom. As far as I can tell this wasn't always the case.

"Yeah, there are certain movies I've done because I felt it was the right thing to do for my career," he says. "That's the reality. You go, 'Fuck me: I don't necessarily want to do this movie, but I don't dislike it, and there are some interesting parts…' And I convince myself a little bit. Unfortunately that's the truth."

My assumption is he wouldn't do that now. "Who knows?" he says. "I'd like to think that also, I really would. But I don't know. I'm changing; I'll be a different person in five years. In five years the kind of movies I want to make might be totally different. I just want different experiences. Everyone tries to cast you in your public persona, and… I like action movies. I like superhero movies. And there might be a time when I wanna do something like that. It's just, I haven't wanted to. And then it becomes, 'Oh, he's this kind of actor.' I'm not that kind of actor, I'm just gonna follow what my interests are, and it might be this kind of film and it might be something different, I don't know. Does that make sense?"

I'm Still Here reminded Phoenix how it felt to have genuine frisson on camera and that's all he really wants: to get lost in it all. "The kind of actor I want to be is a child actor," he says as we wrap up. "Children don't have all the shit that we have, years of interviews, self-evaluation, thinking about yourself." For someone who would prefer not to evaluate himself, though, Phoenix is a generous interviewee. Last month he even dutifully attended the Golden Globes for his Her nomination. That said, he wore a cardigan instead of "a fuckin' suit".

Her is out on in the UK on 14 Feb

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/08/joaquin-phoenix-her-spike-jonze

Good interview! Thank u... I think that if someone never felt his/her heart broken it is because he or she never really fell in love... but it might be a selfish thought!!! I don't know...
But sometimes people don't want to admit that they had sometime their heart broken... and more still men!
Offline sami  
#444 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:42:39 AM(UTC)
sami

Fedupandstressed wrote:
sami wrote:
Nice read

... relationships," says Phoenix when I ask if the scene struck a chord. "I've never had one which ended that I felt heartbroken and consumed by. The closest I've got is getting my ego bruised a little bit. But I've never had the experience of, 'That was somebody I really loved and I'm not done.'" He's really never been heartbroken? "No. I've had unrequited love. I've definitely been like, 'I love you,' and they don't feel the same. But I've never been in a relationship and been heartbroken. When I arrived [to start filming] I think it was obvious that I hadn't really given myself over to heartbreak. I remember those first couple of days very distinctly as being a battering, like, 'Fuck!' Just really trying to get into the space of what that was, and it being something that was a bit foreign to me, because part of me was, 'Well, fuck it, come on, pick yourself up, go do something, you'll be fine!' Maybe that sounds really weird." Maybe. He's lucky. "Yeah. It'll happen," he says, not entirely convincingly.

Good interview! Thank u... I think that if someone never felt his/her heart broken it is because he or she never really fell in love... but it might be a selfish thought!!! I don't know...
But sometimes people don't want to admit that they had sometime their heart broken... and more still men!

I just read the paragraph again and if you think about it, it's possible. With Joaquin you always have to make sure you don't misunderstand him because his ideas about things are different. For example he doesn't consider not being corresponded as heart break. He means like being in a relationship and ending really badly , or just realizing it was all a big mistake, etc.  I have never been heart broken this way either It's all part of the context. This is why interviews are so hard, something taken out of context slightly doesn't make sense.

It's a lovely interview and Joaquin is adorable, including all the cursing

This is my 1000 post here. I can't believe I wrote 1000 posts about Joaquin !! I'm a complete freak! I think I deserve a prize or something. Can I ask a hug at least ? 
Offline sami  
#445 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:58:40 AM(UTC)
sami

I was just reading the comments on The Guardian article , it's so nice to read them! it's good to hear that there are a lot of people out there who respect J.
This one pretty much sums up how I feel:

"It's a conundrum isn't it. He seems to downplay his own brilliance but he IS brilliant. He just seems to always get it right, from the roles he chooses to the answers he gives in interviews and he seems to be saying I'm just being myself and doing what I want but that is an almost superhuman achievement, conducted in the public eye when most of us can't even do it in our own little lives. Gosh, I'm gushing..."

I can't put it in a better way !
I was just joking about my 1000 posts which I am really embarassed about but at the same time I have learned so much from Joaquin by being his fan so I don't regret it. I have not only enjoyed his acting but I have learned to be much more relaxed and open about things in general by reading his interviews. Joaquin is a good person and as an actor he touches the soul of people and this is why people respect him so much. 

"I love Joaquin, I was wondering how long it would be into the interview until he dropped the f bomb, naturally he didn't disappoint. Pretty much my favourite actor around today, loved Her, love him, love the way he isn't pompous or pretenious about his career, just a class act all the way and most importantly a joy to watch. Can't wait for Inherent Vice"

I'm just so fond of him! it's cool to know there are people like this out there !

Offline joy  
#446 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 11:28:54 PM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
That is a nice little interview with Joaquin. He defines 'heart-broken' as 'That was someone I really loved and I'm not done' so I guess we should try to understand his understanding from that point of view. He also says the closest he's come to heart-break is having his ego bruised. Zen. Lol.

So, Joaquin fandom's perception that Joaquin was sorely heart-broken when he split with Liv Tyler is wrong. Thanks for the update Joaquin! 

On a different note _ I've changed my mind about 'Her' not being an acronym. Aside from all the other possible interpretations of the title I think it could be understood as 'Human Emotion Replicator' or some other similar-meaning word to 'replicator' beginning with R. 

Offline admin  
#447 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 5:09:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Are you planning on seeing Her this week Joy? 
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#448 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 5:11:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Oscars 2014: Ranking Best Pictures From Worst To Best

1. Her

Spike Jonze Her Joaquin Phoenix

On the surface, it’s about a man beginning a relationship with an OS voice modulator. Her is about something much deeper though; our unnerving reliance on technology that continues to grow, the fear of direct contact in relationships, and a first-hand look at some possible directions the world is heading.

Joaquin Phoenix does a fantastic job playing Theodore Twombly, but the true effectiveness of the film falls on Scarlett Johansson, who has to act out a calming, relaxing, and enchanting voice that can convince viewers into believing that an introverted and reclusive man could actually fall in love with a voice. Phoenix and Johansson then have to maintain conversations that feel real and natural despite being nowhere near each other.

And then there are some unforgettably uncomfortable scenes – most notably one involving a surrogate for sexual stimulation – that add further intrigue into this stunningly near possible future Spike Jonze had shown us. Not only is Her a thought provoking and intelligently relevant watch, but no other 2013 film sticks with you like it.

Offline joy  
#449 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 5:15:11 AM(UTC)
joy

If not this weekend, then some time next week, Admin. I don't usually like to go to see (popular) films when they open because the cinema has too many people in it for my liking (told you I was a sociopath, haha   ). 

Offline sami  
#450 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:12:44 PM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
That is a nice little interview with Joaquin. He defines 'heart-broken' as 'That was someone I really loved and I'm not done' so I guess we should try to understand his understanding from that point of view. He also says the closest he's come to heart-break is having his ego bruised. Zen. Lol.

Joy, I guess this means nobody has left him but they both have agreed to finish the relationship.. I can't imagine any other possible scenario . He must be a good boyfriend then! It makes you wonder :-)
I would like to know what he means exactly when he says that relationships are subjective. Does he mean that falling in love means different things to different people? I'm not exactly sure what he means !

joy wrote:
Thanks for the update Joaquin! 

I would add .. "If you could please tell us more, we would really like to know " haha
joy wrote:
On a different note _ I've changed my mind about 'Her' not being an acronym. Aside from all the other possible interpretations of the title I think it could be understood as 'Human Emotion Replicator' or some other similar-meaning word to 'replicator' beginning with R. 

This is really clever Joy ! This is exactly what Samantha is. If I were Spike I would steal your idea !
Offline justme  
#451 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 7:17:42 PM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Maybe Joaquin just means he doesn't get heartbroken easily. I know people who can break up with someone and the next day, act like nothing ever happened. Some people are just less easily hurt than others. Or maybe heartbreak just doesn't really affect Joaquin.

Given he doesn't seem to worry about long-lasting relationships, maybe if you're less emotionally invested, it hurts less? Just my opinion.

On a side note, I was telling one of my friends about Her, and she pulled up a picture of the film poster. She stared at the moustache for about thirty seconds in silence before forming words. I had to tell her that it was Joaquin Phoenix. I don't think it makes him look that different from how he usually does but she didn't recognize him!

Offline admin  
#452 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:03:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Her' Star Joaquin Phoenix Interview: 'You Hit Your Forties, You Get Soft. I'm So Scared Of That'

Engaging, engaged, mischievous, honest. Despite his protestations that he has very little of interest to say, that he doubts anyone “sitting in the bathroom reading this” will care, that he’s “sick of the sound of my own f***ing voice”, Joaquin Phoenix emerges as a very happy and forthright stranger to meet for a chat in a hotel room. Once he’s finished his cigarette.

Offline joy  
#453 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:45:45 AM(UTC)
joy

sami wrote:
Joy, I guess this means nobody has left him but they both have agreed to finish the relationship.. I can't imagine any other possible scenario . He must be a good boyfriend then! It makes you wonder :-) I would like to know what he means exactly when he says that relationships are subjective. Does he mean that falling in love means different things to different people? I'm not exactly sure what he means !

Maybe Joaquin wasn't being entirely honest and just came up with an answer for the interview which kept his experience private. 

joy wrote:

sami wrote:
This is really clever Joy ! This is exactly what Samantha is. If I were Spike I would steal your idea !
I kind of thought that was what Spike had in mind and I just picked up on it. 

Offline joy  
#454 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:47:43 AM(UTC)
joy

justme wrote:
On a side note, I was telling one of my friends about Her, and she pulled up a picture of the film poster. She stared at the moustache for about thirty seconds in silence before forming words. I had to tell her that it was Joaquin Phoenix. I don't think it makes him look that different from how he usually does but she didn't recognize him!

Haha! That freekin' moustache! *shudder* Did she think it was Tom Sellick? 

Offline joy  
#455 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:49:27 AM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:

'Her' Star Joaquin Phoenix Interview: 'You Hit Your Forties, You Get Soft. I'm So Scared Of That'

Yeah! It's called 'middle age spread'! 

Thanks for the interview Admin. Haven't read it yet, but I will at some point. 

Offline sami  
#456 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:25:35 AM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
he doubts anyone “sitting in the bathroom reading this” will care

HAHAHA
That's exactly what I'm doing ! I'm sitting on the toilet reading this interview !!
How did he Know ? That's my favorite hobby !

Offline sami  
#457 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:28:52 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Joy, I guess this means nobody has left him but they both have agreed to finish the relationship.. I can't imagine any other possible scenario . He must be a good boyfriend then! It makes you wonder :-) I would like to know what he means exactly when he says that relationships are subjective. Does he mean that falling in love means different things to different people? I'm not exactly sure what he means !

Maybe Joaquin wasn't being entirely honest and just came up with an answer for the interview which kept his experience private. 

joy wrote:

sami wrote:
I kind of thought that was what Spike had in mind and I just picked up on it. 

I agree w Joy. Better not to think too much , we will never figure it out anyway !
Offline admin  
#458 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:57:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

**** WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER ****

Now that we've all seen Her, maybe we can talk about it in more without having to worry about spoiling it for anyone! 

There's one scene in Her that i didn't like much or feel was necessary... the scene with Theodore's God-daughter... now, the girl is very young and it's no way her fault, but with child actors in general they naturally look around and you can see in that scene that she is looking and focusing on cast and crew members that are off camera a few times. 

In a movie that's pretty much perfect, I start to notice these things! 

That's it i've said my piece, time for my medication Nurse Ratched! 

Edited by user Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:06:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#459 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:28:04 AM(UTC)
sami

Admin,
If I tell you the truth, right now I am a bit caught in this interview today. I know he's probably trolling the journalists but he makes some comments like this one:
admin wrote:
he’s “sick of the sound of my own f***ing voice”>

And i cant just laugh it out. There is humor but there is hatred too. I remember watching the film thinking about these type of comments and vibes and having to put it aside in order to enjoy the film.
As I said, I am so proud of Joaquin , he's amazing in many ways. He needs to stop the self-hate and start loving himself .
I know you prefer to keep it light in here but if you ask my opinion this is it.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:50:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#460 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:36:02 PM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:
**** WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER ****

Now that we've all seen Her, maybe we can talk about it in more without having to worry about spoiling it for anyone! 

There's one scene in Her that i didn't like much or feel was necessary... the scene with Theodore's God-daughter... now, the girl is very young and it's no way her fault, but with child actors in general they naturally look around and you can see in that scene that she is looking and focusing on cast and crew members that are off camera a few times. 

In a movie that's pretty much perfect, I start to notice these things! 

That's it i've said my piece, time for my medication Nurse Ratched! 

Very good, admin, but not all have us have seen the film. However, I'm sure when I see it next week I'll notice your observations now. 

There used to be a 'spoiler' button with the old-style commentary facility, but this new 'improved' version doesn't. Would have been useful. 

Edited by moderator Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:07:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated quote.