JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 6:15:34 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
kitten wrote:

lol, lol, lol, lol,  sound about wright,   well he can do another ISH number two, in his new house??   

I bet Joaquin would enjoy winding everyone up. Again!

If he did another ISH-type film in his new house he could call it 'I'm Here Now'. 

Offline kitten  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 2:45:08 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
kitten wrote:

lol, lol, lol, lol,  sound about wright,   well he can do another ISH number two, in his new house??   

I bet Joaquin would enjoy winding everyone up. Again!

If he did another ISH-type film in his new house he could call it 'I'm Here Now'. 

Hi everyone,   have a question,   when is a trailer for The Immigrant comming out?   does anyone know??? or a trailer fot the film Her????   I remember when the trailer for The Master came out,  I was loving it,   so hugs  

Offline joy  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
Hi everyone,   have a question,   when is a trailer for The Immigrant comming out?   does anyone know??? or a trailer fot the film Her????   I remember when the trailer for The Master came out,  I was loving it,   so hugs  

Hi Kitten,

I don't recall there being any news lately about 'Her' - it seems to have disappeared without trace.

'The Immigrant' is being shown at Cannes soon so maybe a trailer will surface around that time. Failing that, when the film opens in the US of A there might well be a trailer beforehand. Maybe some interviews with Joaquin & co-stars too. Maybe even something from Joaquin at Cannes..? We'll see soon enough.

There were a lot of trailers preceeding 'The Master' to whet everyone's appetite but I think that was because Harvey Weinstein was behind it all. He's known for the Black Art of film promotion, publicity and spin so that's why there was such a teasing campaign with 'The Master' before it opened, I think. I don't think James Gray's film has HW attached so promotion and so on will be different. I might be wrong - what do I know of the film business and how these things work? I'm just guessing.

Anyway, look forward to seeing a trailer if and when one surfaces.

Offline kitten  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:56:40 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Hi Kitten,

I don't recall there being any news lately about 'Her' - it seems to have disappeared without trace.

'The Immigrant' is being shown at Cannes soon so maybe a trailer will surface around that time. Failing that, when the film opens in the US of A there might well be a trailer beforehand. Maybe some interviews with Joaquin & co-stars too. Maybe even something from Joaquin at Cannes..? We'll see soon enough.

There were a lot of trailers preceeding 'The Master' to whet everyone's appetite but I think that was because Harvey Weinstein was behind it all. He's known for the Black Art of film promotion, publicity and spin so that's why there was such a teasing campaign with 'The Master' before it opened, I think. I don't think James Gray's film has HW attached so promotion and so on will be different. I might be wrong - what do I know of the film business and how these things work? I'm just guessing.

Anyway, look forward to seeing a trailer if and when one surfaces.

Hi, just read that Her film will be in the LA film fesival  and the director will show some of the movie, hugs   

Offline joy  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 5:07:29 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
Hi, just read that Her film will be in the LA film fesival  and the director will show some of the movie, hugs   

Thanks Kitten.

LA Filmfest is June 13th - 23rd, 2013.

A Brand of His Own: Being Spike Jonze

Artist and entrepreneur. Pop culture instigator. Spike Jonze is one of the most original and intriguing filmmakers of our time and has managed to build a career on his own terms. From his early beginnings in skateboard and music videos, to the seventh-and-a-half floor, John Malkovich’s mind, Charlie Kaufman’s writer’s block and the fantasy world of Maurice Sendak, Jonze has developed his own unique brand of irony, humor, playfulness and visual style. 
Spike comes to the Festival to discuss the creative process and highlights of his career. He might even give us a sneak peek of his upcoming film Her.

http://www.lafilmfest.com/festival-event/a-brand-of-his-own-being-spike-jonze/

Offline admin  
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:25:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)

Cannes 2013: 'The Immigrant' Footage Showcases Firecracker Turns From Joaquin Phoenix & Marion Cotillard

There was a clip of The Immigrant, but it's been blocked now 

Edited by user Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:34:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:10:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks, Admin. Shame about the trailer being blocked. Harvey Weinstein's doing? Seems he is involved in the promo for this film after all.

Question now is.....will our man be in Cannes? And.....will he have a special lady with him? (I know; that's 2 questions. Lol)

Offline justme  
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:51:46 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm wondering, that, too.....he hasn't been seen out with anyone lately....then again he hadn't been seen out with Heather before she turned up at Venice with him. So, we'll just have to wait and see!

I think he might show up at Cannes-he's shown up for all James Gray's other films, apart from Two Lovers, for which he was sick, apparently. So yeah, he'll probably show up. Plus, he might feel like he kind of owes it to James, after some of the stuff that happened with the Two Lovers publicity. So, I think he'll show up.

Ah, one week-can hardly wait!:)

Offline joy  
#29 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Joaquin might take a lady to Cannes with him (if he goes) but he might keep her under wraps too ie: no posing on the red carpet, etc. So he might look like he's on his own, but he might not be.

I wonder if he still has the sideburns?

Offline kitten  
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:56:48 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

justme wrote:

I'm wondering, that, too.....he hasn't been seen out with anyone lately....then again he hadn't been seen out with Heather before she turned up at Venice with him. So, we'll just have to wait and see!

I think he might show up at Cannes-he's shown up for all James Gray's other films, apart from Two Lovers, for which he was sick, apparently. So yeah, he'll probably show up. Plus, he might feel like he kind of owes it to James, after some of the stuff that happened with the Two Lovers publicity. So, I think he'll show up.

oh my, I was so suprise when he show up in venice with a girl, had no idea he has a gf,  so we do not know what he is up to, he may have a gf, I am wondering too, I think he will show up too,  hugs ladies

Offline kitten  
#31 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 4:02:23 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

kitten wrote:
justme wrote:

oh my, I was so suprise when he show up in venice with a girl, had no idea he has a gf,  so we do not know what he is up to, he may have a gf, I am wondering too, I think he will show up too,  hugs ladies

Seth MacFarlane want Joaquin to host the oscars, Joaquin needs to win one, he is great actor  

Offline joy  
#32 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 6:03:15 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Well, I'm hoping Joaquin will show up at Cannes and now I'm wondering what kind of mood he'll be in if he does go.

kitten wrote:
Seth MacFarlane want Joaquin to host the oscars, Joaquin needs to win one, he is great actor  

Kitten, if Joaquin ever hosts the Oscars, I'll...I'll....I'll.....spit in his eye!!  Seriously....is Seth MacFarlane short of press attention to have to come up with that idea?

Offline admin  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 8:28:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Kitten, if Joaquin ever hosts the Oscars, I'll...I'll....I'll.....spit in his eye!!  Seriously....is Seth MacFarlane short of press attention to have to come up with that idea?

Well, we all know Joaquin likes some fun and enjoys a good spoof... i think there's a good chance that Joaquin will at least host a segment of the Oscars as a surprise appearance now that Seth MacFarlane has said that 
Offline joy  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:52:50 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hasn't Joaquin already hosted a section of the Oscars? Didn't he present an award with Natalie Portman in 2009? He was chewing gum back then too like at this year's Oscars. Chewing bubblegum

I'd still spit in his eye even if it was a spoof.

Offline kitten  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:20:57 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

Hasn't Joaquin already hosted a section of the Oscars? Didn't he present an award with Natalie Portman in 2009? He was chewing gum back then too like at this year's Oscars. Chewing bubblegum

I'd still spit in his eye even if it was a spoof.

Just read that Joaquin is in Cannes,  so he alway does good when it comes to his work,      

Offline joy  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:45:26 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
Just read that Joaquin is in Cannes,  so he alway does good when it comes to his work,      

Really??! Let's hope we get some nice photos and an interview or two then.  

Offline joy  
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:49:47 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Here's a short interview with James Gray followed by a clip of The Immigrant. 

James Gray Talks The Film's Look & Influences

We got our first brief glimpse of the period piece earlier in the week, and now a new, longer clip has arrived. It still features Marion Cotillard's refugee, Ewa, but rather than Jeremy Renner's magician, Orlando, she's paired up with Joaquin Phoenix's Bruno, Orlando's cousin, a seemingly friendly man who actually pushes her into prostitution. Even more so than the last, this establishes some stunning production design, and a gorgeous-sepia toned look, courtesy of DoP Darius Khondji. In general, it just makes us wish it were Friday already.

In the meantime, Gray's given his first quotes about the film in the press notes. To help tide you over, five key highlights are below.

On the personal nature of the film:

"My grandparents came over from Russia or Ukraine depending on what era you’re talking about, from Ostropol, a town not too far from Kiev. My grandmother’s parents were murdered during a pogrom by White Army troops. And in 1923, my grandpa and grandma came to the United States by way of Ellis Island. Of course, I heard many stories about Ellis Island and I became somewhat obsessed with it. The first time I went, in 1988, was before they had restored the island: it was almost as if it was frozen in time. It was haunting, with half-filled immigration forms on the floor... To me it seemed that it was filled with ghosts, the ghosts of my whole family. So I had wanted to make a picture that sprang from that."

On the influences:

"I thought of Robert Bresson and 'Diary Of A Country Priest', particularly for the confession scene. I wanted something austere and mythic. But the film was never meant only to be an homage to Bresson. It was also partly inspired by the traditions of opera and melodrama. Through outsized emotions and dramatic situations, there is a greater truth if you will. This is why the film is scored with Puccini, Gounod and Wagner."

On Casting Marion Cotillard:

"The big challenge obviously was her Polish, which turned out to be fantastic. One day, I asked the actress who plays her aunt what she thought of Marion’s Polish. She said it was excellent but she had a slight German accent. I confronted Marion and she said: "I know, my character is from Silesia, which is between Germany and Poland, I’m doing it on purpose." That’s how precise she is! It knocked me out."

On recreating Ellis Island in the film:

"I was shocked when I found out that there had never been a movie made in Ellis Island for what it was, an immigration center. A handful of pictures have been shot there since its restoration, but they didn’t recreate the old Ellis Island. Kazan recreated it for AMERICA, AMERICA, as did Coppola for 'The Godfather Part II', but neither of those directors had the opportunity to shoot in Ellis Island. So I had what I felt was a pretty unique opportunity, and tried to make it as accurate as possible. I read many books, and of course looked through tons of photographs and my whole family’s paperwork. When I went to Ellis Island with my grandfather, there was a woman on the tour with us who was crying. She didn’t speak much English but my grandfather spoke with her, and apparently she and her sister had been separated there. I thought that was a good premise for a story."

On the look of the film:

"I worked very well with Darius, who is a man of great sensitivity. He was my brother for a year. We took trips to museums, we looked at paintings and also at autochromes - color photographs from the early 20th century. We also looked at Polaroids from the 1960s by the architect and designer Carlo Mollino: they are the closest thing achieved by modern technology to the autochromes in terms of the color saturation and the density of blacks. Darius and I just talked a lot about color and the frame itself, what part of the set would be lit and why. My other films were meant to be naturalistic. You could always sense where the light was coming from. I abandoned that because I wanted to tell a fable.

" http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-a-new-clip-of-marion-cotillard-joaquin-phoenix-in-the-immigrant-plus-james-gray-talks-the-films-look-influences-20130522

Offline admin  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:29:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That's a great clip Joy... strange how it's a section taken from the movie though and not a trailer/teaser.

Seems like Joaquin's character Bruno is similar to Freddie in The Master?

Here's another clip from the movie (no Joaquin this time though):

and an HD version of the previous clip:

Edited by user Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:36:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#39 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 12:20:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I see Jeremy Renner, James Gray and Marion Cotillard... but no Joaquin? 

More info on the Cannes "The Immigrant" press conference here:

Offline joy  
#40 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:02:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
That's a great clip Joy... strange how it's a section taken from the movie though and not a trailer/teaser.

I think it's because the film isn't actually coming out until November so there'll be a trailer then no doubt.

admin wrote:
Seems like Joaquin's character Bruno is similar to Freddie in The Master?

He is?? That didn't cross my mind from the clip or from what I've read of the story. Why does Bruno remind you of Freddie?

PS: Thanks for the new clios, Admin.