JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#41 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:08:57 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

admin wrote:
I see Jeremy Renner, James Gray and Marion Cotillard... but no Joaquin?

Nope...doesn't look like he's there.  Maybe he's busy with other work stuff.

Offline kitten  
#42 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:32:35 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:

admin wrote:
That's a great clip Joy... strange how it's a section taken from the movie though and not a trailer/teaser.

I think it's because the film isn't actually coming out until November so there'll be a trailer then no doubt.

admin wrote:
Seems like Joaquin's character Bruno is similar to Freddie in The Master?

He is?? That didn't cross my mind from the clip or from what I've read of the story. Why does Bruno remind you of Freddie?

PS: Thanks for the new clios, Admin.

I find Jeremy so borning,   I guess that I love Joaquin so much that Jeremy is borning to me,  the movie looks good

Offline admin  
#43 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:40:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
admin wrote:
Seems like Joaquin's character Bruno is similar to Freddie in The Master?

He is?? That didn't cross my mind from the clip or from what I've read of the story. Why does Bruno remind you of Freddie?

Hi Joy, I think it was Bruno's facial mannerisms and the way he talked that reminded me of Freddie in The Master... maybe Joaquin just couldn't get Freddie out of his system in time for shooting The Immigrant 

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#44 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:25:25 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I find Jeremy so borning,   I guess that I love Joaquin so much that Jeremy is borning to me,  the movie looks good

A lot of actors are boring compared with Joaquin.

admin wrote:
Hi Joy, I think it was Bruno's facial mannerisms and the way he talked that reminded me of Freddie in The Master... maybe Joaquin just couldn't get Freddie out of his system in time for shooting The Immigrant 

OK, Admin. That's cool. This is a description of Bruno from the Indiewire blog:

"....in this case he’s playing a very terrible person, a predator, a manipulator, a constant liar who only really reveals himself in the end."

James says this about Joaquin's absence:

“Actually, believe it or not, he wanted to come, which is a first,” Gray said. “But he’s in the middle of shooting a movie with Paul Thomas Anderson and they wouldn’t let him out. You know it’s a Friday in the middle of a shoot week so, it was impossible.”

The last sentence....is JG being sarcastic? Friday is the middle of a shoot week?? And did Joaquin only say that he wanted to go because he knew that he couldn't? Hehe.

Offline justme  
#45 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:29:18 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Waaah., Joaquin's not therrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Anyway, yeah I agree with you. I think JG might have been more than a bit sarcastic. Though Joaquin's like a brother to him, he said. And yeah, most people are pretty boring compared to Joaquin.

Offline admin  
#46 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 4:30:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

HeyUGuys.co.uk, Cannes 2013: The Immigrant Review

the-immigrant

"Ending too on a final shot that conveys so much with an exquisite piece of framing it is clear that Gray was interested in a slow burn that gradually peels back many intimate layers. And for the most part this is works in an incredibly satisfying and affecting manner. Perhaps not the most emotional experience one could have, considering the already charged subject matter, The Immigrant is nonetheless a meticulously crafted film filled with rich drama and moral complexity."

Score: 4/5

Offline kitten  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:19:00 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

admin wrote:

HeyUGuys.co.uk, Cannes 2013: The Immigrant Review

the-immigrant

"Ending too on a final shot that conveys so much with an exquisite piece of framing it is clear that Gray was interested in a slow burn that gradually peels back many intimate layers. And for the most part this is works in an incredibly satisfying and affecting manner. Perhaps not the most emotional experience one could have, considering the already charged subject matter, The Immigrant is nonetheless a meticulously crafted film filled with rich drama and moral complexity."

Score: 4/5

does anyone know if a trailer is comming soon???

Offline joy  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:56:52 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks, Admin.

justme wrote:
Anyway, yeah I agree with you. I think JG might have been more than a bit sarcastic. Though Joaquin's like a brother to him, he said.

The dig wasn't directed to Joaquin, I don't think. I feel for JG.

Offline joy  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:26:33 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

I don't know, Kitten. My guess would be in October some time, just before the film comes out in the US in November. Not long to wait...

Offline kitten  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:03:51 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

I don't know, Kitten. My guess would be in October some time, just before the film comes out in the US in November. Not long to wait...

tired of reading how greaat Marion Cotillard was in the moive, not much on Joaquin and wondering who will get top billing,  I think Marion will, but I want Joaquin to get top billing , hugs

Offline joy  
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:03:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Never mind, Kitten. Joaquin's day will come when the film is released in the US.

Marion Cotillard is French, Cannes is in France & Joaquin didn't turn up so in there somewhere might be a clue as to why MC is getting a lot of praise & JP less so. I think she's a good actress and we want Joaquin to work with actors who are of similar calibre. Don't we??

Offline joy  
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:16:20 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Oh, I forgot to mention....

Not sure if everyone will know who John Simm or Dr Who are but I read something in the press here that made me laugh & think of Joaquin. I think he would get along just dandy with John Simm. Lol.

Doctor Who fans make my life a misery, says John Simm

The Village star says he is sick of overzealous attention from fans of Time Lord over his role as the Master in sci-fi show

The actor John Simm has admitted that he is fed up with the attention he gets from Doctor Who fans.

The star of The Village and Life On Mars played the Master in five episodes of the BBC1 sci-fi programme.

He told the Radio Times: "I do get a lot of Doctor Who. God almighty, I'll be so happy when that's gone from my life. They're lovely, I'm sure, but I won't miss it."

He added: "It's great to be into something, but for goodness' sake, really? I'm not the Master, I'm not that evil Time Lord who rules the galaxy, I'm just in Tesco with my kids. Leave me alone!"

The father of two said that he hated attending award ceremonies – and not because he may have been snubbed by judges.

He said: "I've always found that whole thing really weird. You're not that bothered about it, because acting's not a competition. It's all subjective.

"But when you do get nominated, of course you've got a competitive streak and you want to win it and you get really pissed off when you don't. It's just a horrible thing to have to go through, so I prefer to have nothing to do with them."

He added: "I really hated it when I went [in 2011]. I can't bear those red carpet things. And then you've got a camera in your face so the world gets to watch your expression as you lose."

Simm quipped of Mad Dogs losing to Channel 4's Any Human Heart at the TV Baftas in 2011: "I got a lot of shit because I didn't hide anything and didn't pretend. You're supposed to clap, aren't you? I don't even watch the Oscars. I'm not arsed."

He joked: "The wonderful Jim Broadbent beat me as Lord Longford, then Dominic West as Fred West. You have to play a real person to win. So I'm going to look up some murderers and see if I look like anybody."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/may/28/john-simm-doctor-who-fans

Blimey, that's done it!   He's issued a statement...

"The Radio Times has really done a number on me re Dr Who 'quote'. Thanks for that! Suffice to say it was taken out of context AGAIN," he said. "I haven't done an interview for them for many years, because of this. Nasty, spiteful, trouble causing 'journalism'. I meant no disrespect."

http://www.theweek.co.uk/tv-radio/53291/john-simm-forced-backtrack-after-doctor-who-comments

If you ever get the chance to watch 'Life on Mars' starring John Simm, I'd highly recommend it.

Er....where did the white background come from?  Lol.

Offline joy  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:07:13 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Y'all gonna know who Dr Who is now, aincha?

So... apparently, The Immigrant is going to be showing at the New York Film Festival. Yay! Does this mean Joaquin will be there in person too?

Alongside the previously announced world premieres of Spike Jonze's "Her"," Paul Greengrass' "Captain Phillips" and Ben Stiller's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," the festival will be screening a slate of some of the best films from this year's Cannes, Berlin and Venice festivals, including J.C. Chandor's "All Is Lost," Joel & Ethan Coen's "Inside Llewyn Davis," James Gray's "The Immigrant,".....

http://www.indiewire.com/article/new-york-film-festival-announces-full-2013-program

Thanks to irishaspaddyspig over at imdb.

Offline kitten  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:58:59 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

I hope Joaquin goes with some hot squeeze
Offline joy  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:49:19 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I hope Joaquin goes with some hot squeeze

Why? Do you think he might get peckish during the screening?

Offline admin  
#56 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 3:02:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Nice stylish poster for The Immigrant! Would be nicer to have Joaquin's mug on it also though 

Offline joy  
#57 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 6:12:59 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Lush.

Offline admin  
#58 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 6:37:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The Immigrant now heading for 2014 release? 

Foxcatcher Grace of Monaco The Immigrant - H 2013

"Several buzzed-about contenders that had been given 2013 release dates and publicly promoted by their distributors are all of a sudden heading to 2014 instead. These include Sony Pictures Classics'Foxcatcher and The Weinstein Co.'s The Immigrant and Grace of Monaco. And the exodus might not be over yet: Paramount's The Wolf of Wall Street may be the next one to depart. All of this has had a reverberating effect on a number of major categories."

Offline admin  
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:56:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

NYFF: James Gray Talks Writing For Marion Cotillard & The Cinematic Influences Of ‘The Immigrant’

“The Immigrant” makes its North American premiere at the New York Film Festival this week. The film will be released sometime in the spring of 2014 by Radius-TWC."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/nyff-james-gray-talks-writing-for-marion-cotillard-the-cinematic-influences-of-the-immigrant-20131003
Offline admin  
#60 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 12:27:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Photos of Joaquin and James Gray representing The Immigrant team at the 51st New York Film Festival:

Edited by user Friday, October 4, 2013 7:45:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified