JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#281 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:28:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
sami wrote:
He hasn't given any interview besides the written ones.

Yes Sami, it is a shame Joaquin hasn't done the same type of interviews as Philip Seymour Hoffman or Amy Adams have done while promoting The Master. I think the only time he has spoke on camera about the movie was a few words Joaquin said at The Venice film festival press event panel... it would be nice to see an in-depth interview with him, rather just reading a transcript... but i guess he likes to do things the way he likes to do things Cool
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#282 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:33:06 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Admin. BigGrin

sami wrote:
Lets accept reality: JP is not with you nor with me. we are too serious and too normal and too working class.

And, in my case, too old! Tongue
Offline sami  
#283 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 10:15:00 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
Haha! I'm listening to music on the radio whilst writing on here. Not in a pub, so no men around.

Oh, maybe it's for the better, no disappointments this way LOL
joy wrote:

I wonder if HC has spirited Joaquin away? Maybe he got annoyed again and refused to do any more promo.

What do you mean ?

joy wrote:

There are many graduates in the UK who are having difficulty finding a job and having to down-size their qualifications. It must be really disheartening. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that more jobs will be available in the run up to Christmas and ..

Thank you so much for your support Joy. I have a problem accepting reality and I have a hard time focusing as things don't please me so I'd rather do something else but I'm working on it. It shouldn't be that difficult to get through this . I think changing mindset is the first step !

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2012 12:50:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#284 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 10:18:16 AM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
sami wrote:
He hasn't given any interview besides the written ones.

Yes Sami, it is a shame Joaquin hasn't done the same type of interviews as Philip Seymour Hoffman or Amy Adams have done while promoting The Master. I think the only time he has spoke on camera about the movie was a few words Joaquin said at The Venice film festival press event panel... it would be nice to see an in-depth interview with him, rather just reading a transcript... but i guess he likes to do things the way he likes to do things Cool

Admin,
I would love an in depth interview. I would actually love to interview him myself. I have so many questions to ask. I would even love to go for a beer and talk to him for hours, but I can understand it would freak him out so at least he should give us an interview. Let us know him better.
Perhaps you can approach her agent and ask her as the forum admin. You are a guy do he wouldn't feel harassed. I am half joking but if we take it seriously it would be a very special thing to do. Unless somebody else steals my idea before we do it ..

Btw, my mother called me today to tell me my favorite actor ( Joaquin) was on tv . I am not sure he was the one.. We will know soon.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2012 1:05:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#285 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 10:20:20 AM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
Hello Admin. BigGrin

sami wrote:
Lets accept reality: JP is not with you nor with me. we are too serious and too normal and too working class.

And, in my case, too old! Tongue

U never know. Some men are into older women , you'd be surprised !
Laugh

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2012 12:57:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#286 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:04:41 AM(UTC)
sami

Geez, now I know how Joaquin feels when you open up about your private life to complete strangers . I feel like there are leeches coming sucking into it. All those views we're getting and nobody says anything. If you want to receive you need to share. The deal is over. No more. Finito. And this doesn't go for dear Joy or Admin. You know who you are Mad .

Offline joy  
#287 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:25:16 AM(UTC)
joy

Quote:
Oh, maybe it's for the better, no disappointments this way LOL

Like Dorothy said: "There's no place like home."

I meant that maybe the reason we hadn't seen or heard from Joaquin lately was because Heather Christie had taken him somewhere to spend time together. Or, because Joaquin seemed to be annoyed with a journalist's questions at the Venice press conference that he had become annoyed again at TIFF for some reason and didn't want to do the press conference there. Or, that it wasn't in his contract to do any more promo such as chat shows anyway. Probably none of those reasons why he didn't do any chat shows to promote The Master.

I know that feeling of wanting to do something else rather than knuckling down and getting on with things which need to be done.

Did your mom see Joaquin on tv in America or Spain? Oh, that would be great if Joaquin would agree to be interviewed by one of his fans!

Haha! I'm not exactly a pensioner but I am older than Joaquin (who we were talking about). I can live with the fact he wouldn't be interested in me.

Are there lots of people reading this forum then? I must take more notice of the figures. Come and join in folks! The water's fine. Even if all you want to say is how hot and sexy Joaquin is.....we'll probably agree with you! Laugh

Offline admin  
#288 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:32:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami,

You may be able to tell us... is this exactly how it all goes down in The Master? BigGrin This may contain spoilers, but i'm not sure!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:40:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#289 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:16:55 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi :)

Joy , My opinion on why Joaquin doesn't do interviews is that he doesn't want the Showbiz industry to control his life. Perhaps because River got sucked in, even though he felt in control , and they made him feel invincible , maybe it was too much pressure for him and hence the drugs and hence his tragic death ... If this happens to your brother you never forget. I think Joaquin wanted to quit acting after that but friends convinced him not to,.. Maybe he decided to act but made a promise to himself .. Maybe these are the strong reasons he has to not do interviews .. This is my theory .

The interview was on the States, not sure what channel .But sometimes she says look this is that guy, and I say no it isn't ! Do you know what I mean ?!

Sorry for bursting before. Even if it doesn't seem like it I'm a very private person !

When are you going to watch the Master ?

Admin,
This video is hilarious !! I love it !! It does have spoilers , it's exactly how it goes !! The end is crazy though Laugh Laugh Laugh
Thanks for sharing Laugh
Offline joy  
#290 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:11:15 AM(UTC)
joy

LOL LOL I couldn't resist watching the 'bater'. Thanks for posting, Admin!

The thing is, Joaquin has done plenty of interviews in the past, both in print and on tv, but not this time. Joaquin has done some press for The Master though so I guess we should be thankful for what we have and not what we would have liked to have.

Yeah, I know what you mean, with your mom. Maybe it was another Joaquin or someone who looks like him (to your mom at least).

It's OK - you can burst out all you like! I noticed that there have been quite a few views since I was last here. "Who are these beings?" <------ said in my best Carl Sagan voice.

I'm going to see The Master on one of the days in the week starting November 5th: haven't decided which day yet though. The nationwide UK release has been put back to November 16th and since I don't know if it will be shown in 70mm (or 65mm) where I am I'm going to London to see it just in case. Ahh, us yokels out in the provinces! Laugh Wink

How about you, Admin? When do you think you'll get to see the film?

Did you manage to see The Master again last weekend, Sami?

Offline admin  
#291 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:11:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
How about you, Admin? When do you think you'll get to see the film?

Yes Joy, hopefully it will be sometime during November for me too, i'd like to see it in 65/70mm so may hold off longer until i can find a place showing it in that format. Cool
Offline joy  
#292 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:45:09 AM(UTC)
joy

That's cool, Admin. Since you're not sure when you'll get to see it, if it's ok with you and Sami, I'll open a thread to discuss the film in detail and post some general thoughts to this thread so as not to spoil anything for you.

Offline admin  
#293 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:04:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, of course Joy, do whatever you feel is best in terms of threads.

On a related note, have you seen the "Spoiler" tag? It's under the [BB/] button when you post a message. It allows you to put spoilers in messages and readers have to press the text to reveal the hidden spoiler text. Like this:

Offline sami  
#294 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:09:27 PM(UTC)
sami

Admin, the spoiler button is very cool. I didn't know about it. It's good to know !
Wow so you guys have to wait almost a month ! That seems like forever. You will know so much about this movie by the time you get to see it,... It won't surprise you ! Huh
I haven't watched it a second time yet , I need to do it soon !
Joy, Joaquin has done interviews before, this invalidates my theory ,ur right ! Confused
Offline joy  
#295 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:37:36 PM(UTC)
joy

I do remember seeing the spoiler button but I forgot about it until now! Very useful and will use it when needed.

I'm sure the film will still hold some surprises for us, Sami. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this film to come to UK cinemas and now the general release date has been postponed from it's original, except in London! I'll make a trip of my visit to the capital and go and see the queen or something as well. Laugh

There may well be something in your theory too. Truth is we don't know why Joaquin has not promoted The Master on the chat shows like he has done with his other films. The only thing we do know is that he seemed to disappear after (during?) TIFF and we would have liked to see him on tv. I hope he's ok.
Offline joy  
#296 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:15:50 PM(UTC)
joy

Oh dear...I don't know if this is bad news for you, Admin, but the Odeon West End in London has this to say on it's website:

ODEON EXCLUSIVE!
'The Master' - exclusively playing at ODEON West End between 2nd November - 15th November, and the only cinema in the UK to be screening it in 70mm.
http://www.odeon.co.uk/f...t_End/m14232/The_Master/

Only one cinema in the entire UK??!!
Offline admin  
#297 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:40:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Joy, there does seem to be a few cinemas in the UK that are capable of projecting in 70mm...

non-US 70mm-capable Theatre Listing

... but not many! And few and far between by the looks of it! And i guess it's pretty unlikely that they would be screening The Master anyway as it would be on limited released for the type of movie it is Huh ... may be just wait for the DVD, at least you can then watch it over and over Cool
Offline joy  
#298 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 2:38:08 AM(UTC)
joy

I posted that list before, but the Odeon website says it's the only UK cinema to be showing it in 70mm so it looks like none of the other 70mm capable cinemas will be showing it in that format. Huh I'm sure a few cinemas will show the film in digital though when it goes on general release on the 16th, so better that than nothing. I can get to watch it again a bit closer to home. I hope there's a cinema showing the film within easy reach of where you are, Admin. I mean, we've waited long enough for this film as it is without having to wait for the dvd to come out too!
Offline admin  
#299 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:31:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes Joy, you're quite right. It seems an injustice that The Master seems to only being shown in 70mm in one cinema in the whole of the UK... seeing as PTA went to the trouble of shooting the film in 70mm and producing the great looking cinematography and close up shots of the actors. If watching at the cinema, I'd want to see the film in the way it was meant to be seen, otherwise i'd feel cheated or watching a cut-down product so to speak Angry. There must be some art-house-type cinemas in the UK that are also keen to screen the movie in 70mm...
Offline sami  
#300 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 3:51:47 AM(UTC)
sami

I'm sorry to hear that only one cinema in the entire UK will show The Master in 70mm. Lately everything is a disappointment ! Blink
I dreamt about Joaquin Phoenix today btw. I just dreamt we were sitting on the same table and talking . It was weird though, u know what dreams do !
Maybe Joaquin will do more interviews during Oscar season !