JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#321 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:22:22 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Thanks for this video Admin. Andrew Pulver's critique is very interesting . ThumpUp
Offline joy  
#322 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:47:07 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm going to see the film this week. I'm really nervous about going but I expect all will be well at the time.
Offline sami  
#323 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:59:33 AM(UTC)
sami

Yay ! Let us know Wink
Offline sami  
#324 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:26:30 AM(UTC)
sami

Hello, i hope y'all are doing great !

I just wanted to drop these here:

The Master- Review , The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.u...master-review?CMP=twt_gu

Jonny Greenwood interviewed on The Master: "I can't really write songs
http://www.ateaseweb.com...cant-really-write-songs/

Time Out , PTA interview
http://www.timeout.com/p...p;mobile_app_no_thanks=1

Latest Joaquin interview (today!) on smh.com.au
http://m.smh.com.au/ente...gain-20121107-28yvr.html
Offline joy  
#325 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:34:49 AM(UTC)
joy

Hello Sami & Admin,
I got back from London about 10pm (British time) and I watched The Master this afternoon. I'll let you know my impressions later though because I'm a bit overwhelmed by the experience at the moment.

I had a few hours before the film to do some other things and happened upon an artwork in a side street. It's a circular sculpture with a poem on it and as I walked round it reading the words, it became a kind of meditation. I walked around it a few times because the words....well, it sounds a bit poncy to say "they spoke to me" but that's how it felt. After the film I wanted to make love. Not just have sex. And since I couldn't do that, I went back to the sculpture and walked around it again. It felt comforting.

Your stepping inwards from the air to earth Winds
round itself to meet the open sky So vanishing
becomes a second birth.

Fare well. Return. Fare well. Return again.
Here home and elsewhere share one mystery.
Here love and conscience sing the same refrain.
Here time leaps up. And strikes eternity.

The poem is written by the Poet Laureate, Andrew Motion.

http://www.modusoperandi...sion.php?id=7:1:144:31:0

And now, I read this interview..... Crying Crying Joaquin, Joaquin, PLEASE PLEASE stop. I'm begging you. You're not crap! What would it take to convince you?? No one loves you like I do and this is breaking my heart!
Offline admin  
#326 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:30:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Thanks for the links Sami. Judging by the interview given by Joaquin, he certainly doesn't play the Hollywood "game", he plays on his own terms, which is good indeed. Nice to see some signs of sanity in the Hollywood madhouse.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Master Joy, i think i'll be seeing it within the next couple of weeks BigGrin (not in 70mm though Mad). Is it still selling out in London showings?
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#327 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:02:12 PM(UTC)
sami

Oh Boy !!! I told you !! The movie has a physical effect on you !! It makes you feel alive , it opens up your instincts !! It's good !!! I'm so excited !! I look forward to your comments too :-)

U know ? I don't take Joaquin's interviews seriously anymore . I think he just wants to fill the page with sth and he says whatever comes first to his mind . sometimes he is more gentle but today its like: let's get it over with ! i bet he forgot what he said already. Dont let his words fool you. he will try to change topic but we know the truth ! He's a performing artist , words aren't the ultimate way to communicate for him

Admin, I'm with you. I think what he is doing is very healthy .it makes me question so many things I do in my life to feed my ego, u know ?
Offline joy  
#328 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:54:27 AM(UTC)
joy

Yikes! Sorry folks! I'll probably be walking around and my publicist (not that I have one) will say "Whatthehelldidusaythatforyouidiot?!" but at least I'm in good company. Got my sensible head on now. Huh

Admin, I’m so glad that you’ll get to see the film finally! I’m going to go and see it again when it opens here in a couple of weeks: it definitely merits a second viewing. What I would say though is: go with someone you’d like to make love to afterwards and if that’s not an option, do something afterwards that you love to do. I will be.

The screening I went to wasn’t sold out but the cinema was about ¾ full, I guess. Not bad, eh? I wasn’t crowded in though so that was OK. I read that the master print had a scratch on it and that the first 20 minutes would have a mark on the screen. I didn’t see any signs at the cinema about this nor notice anything on the screen so I’m a bit puzzled by this. I’ve emailed the cinema but haven’t heard back yet.

Haha. Yes Sami, you do sound excited! The film was the icing on the cake of a pretty amazing day. The world premier of a film called ‘Gambit’ was taking place across the Square when I left the cinema and there were hundreds of people of people crowded for the arrival of Cameron Diaz!! Woot Laugh I know this because I asked someone what was going on, but I went the other way back to the sculpture.

I’ll write more about the film over the next few days. It’ll have to be done in instalments. Let me know if you have any questions.

Btw, I like the new-look board and colour. And a new outlet on Twitter too! Get us! Congratulations on your new job, Sami. Cool
Offline sami  
#329 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 12:34:29 PM(UTC)
sami

Hi Joy,
It's good to hear from you. Take your time about the comments but I do look forward to read them!
Your day in London seems like an unforgettable one, thanks for sharing :-)

I must confess that one of the reasons why I fell in love with Joaquin first it's because I soon got the impression that he is free and that he lets others around him be free as well. I think if he does it so can I Razz
But really now my feelings have evolved and I think Joaquin's more like a brother to me. The way I feel about him, I mean. No, I haven't met him yet. It's all in my mind. Is it Insane ? Probably Woot
Offline sami  
#330 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:36:09 PM(UTC)
sami

Oh yeah, for those who missed this! The forum has now a twitter account ! follow us : https://twitter.com/joaquinphoenixf
Offline joy  
#331 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:09:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Hi Admin & Sami, Smile

Hope you're both well and having a good Sunday.

I was thinking....considering I live in a country which has so much old stuff that still works and which is committed to preserving its history and heritage, you’d think that there would be more than a couple of cinemas able to screen 70mm films. I’m glad that I got the opportunity to see the film in this format though (sorry Admin). I know that some people have moaned about the picture quality (and I’ve moaned about the fact that we have to go to London to see the 70mm!) but I thought it was perfect. Perfect for the film, I mean. The picture quality wasn’t that bad! In fact, I don’t think it was bad. Maybe my eyesight’s not good. Laugh It was just like watching an old film; the colours were less bright I guess, less sharp and defined as digital or whatever format they use these days but considering the care taken to recreate the period the film was set in, respect to PTA for going the extra mile in authenticity. Cool

I had to smile when I saw the circles come up on the screen, top right, to indicate that the reel needed switching. I had a teacher once who was a film fanatic and he used to go off at tangents in class, when the mood took him, to talk about films. He told us about the circles. They also brought back a memory of a programme I heard on the radio once. It was an affectionate tribute to the projectionist’s art, as I recall. The presenter spoke about how, if a problem occurs with the equipment in this day and age there’s never anyone around to fix it: out-of-office hours; can’t fit you in ‘til next week; need to speak with head office; the part has to be shipped in from some place. That kind of thing. He said in the old days, if there was a problem with the equipment, he used to phone Reg and he’d come round whatever time of day or night, at the drop of a hat, with his bag of tools and thingymagigs and they’d be up and running again soon enough. (Wow. That was a long sentence. Laugh ) So, when I saw the circles I thought of Reg too. Made me smile.

Offline sami  
#332 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:44:02 PM(UTC)
sami

Hi Joy, just waving at you ! I sent you a PM . Love u !! -Sami
Offline joy  
#333 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:59:45 AM(UTC)
joy

Hi Sami. I noticed! *waves* Love you too!!
Offline sami  
#334 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:40:02 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi Joy , you warm my heart Smile

Yesterday night before I went to bed I was online, checking the twitter and all.. So it's been on the back of my mind during my dreams and when I woke up I started thinking about it again .. I have been a Joaquin fan for the past year and a half and just now i can see it clearly: If you love Joaquin you need to set him free. Let him go, don't try to catch him like a butterfly.

That's the good kind of love Smile
Offline joy  
#335 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:58:20 AM(UTC)
joy

You constantly surprise me, Sami. Smile

That's a nice way to look at it. I think if we were the butterfly, we wouldn't like to feel captured either. When you really love someone though you can never be free because the love is always there in your heart. In a good way. You let go but you also don't let go, if that can make sense to you.

A big warm heart hug to you. Sami. Smile
Offline admin  
#336 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:00:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hey Joy,

I should be seeing The Master this Saturday. Finally. Then i can look at the "spoiler" thread BigGrin

Because it's been released for quite a while now and because i've read so many reviews and discussions that have been written about it and also i've seen video reviews people have done... it really does seem like i've seen it already. I'm not expecting any surprises! And i'm expecting the acting to be the best aspect of the film.
Offline sami  
#337 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:43:59 PM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
Hey Joy,

I should be seeing The Master this Saturday. Finally. Then i can look at the "spoiler" thread BigGrin

Because it's been released for quite a while now and because i've read so many reviews and discussions that have been written about it and also i've seen video reviews people have done... it really does seem like i've seen it already. I'm not expecting any surprises! And i'm expecting the acting to be the best aspect of the film.

Admin, I hope you enjoy the film on Saturday. We will finally be able to talk about it, the 3 of us together . I understand how you feel.. We've been talking about this film for the past 6 months .. And u read it all, .. But it's good to go with low expectations because you might still get some surprises this way. Wink

Offline sami  
#338 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:57:44 PM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
You constantly surprise me, Sami. Smile

That's a nice way to look at it. I think if we were the butterfly, we wouldn't like to feel captured either. When you really love someone though you can never be free because the love is always there in your heart. In a good way. You let go but you also don't let go, if that can make sense to you.

A big warm heart hug to you. Sami. Smile

Hi Joy ,

So when Joaquin says he doesn't want any part on "this game" .. I think he really means it. I used to think he maybe said this but that he really didn't mean it, .. But now I'm convinced that all Joaquin wants is to act and be left alone. I now believe him . He's made it very clear . He wants to be strictly an actor , not a celebrity.

Xoxo
Sami

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:45:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#339 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:13:49 AM(UTC)
joy

Hi Admin Smile

Yay! You're going to see the film! I'm sure there'll be plenty to enjoy even though you know most of what it's all about now. I'm going again next week sometime.

Quote:
So when Joaquin says he doesn't want any part on "this game" .. I think he really means it. I used to think he maybe said this but that he really didn't mean it, .. But now I'm convinced that all Joaquin wants is to act and be left alone. I now believe him . He's made it very clear . He wants to be strictly an actor , not a celebrity.

Are we bothering him then? Of course he means it. It seems to me though that he's just not in a position at the moment to do it all his own way.
Offline admin  
#340 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:59:39 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

I finally got to see The Master! BigGrin

Here's a list of general overall thoughts while it's still in my mind!

I thought the acting by Joaquin, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams was as good as it gets.
I understood about 75% of what Joaquin's character said. Confused
The film didn't bore me despite being over 2 hours long (where as SkyFall, an action film which is of similar time length, did).
Great looking visuals, the film did a great job of capturing the look and feel of the 50s.
The film didn't have the usual film structure (which was not a bad thing) it just left there no easy way to end the film in a satisfactorily/satisfyingly way.
In a theater that could hold approx 150 people per viewing, there were only about 15 people in there! Doesn't look like it's going to be a great commercial success at the cinema, will probably make way more from DVD/Blueray sales especially with all the extras inclcuded. I can imagine the film being in most people's collections, like a modern classic.

Would love to see a sequel! Laugh

Now looking forward to being able to see the The Master in the comfort of home and being able to pick and choose to watch favorite scenes! BigGrin I hope there is director commentary also, that would be great to hear.

The next Joaquin film i'm most looking forward to is "Her"!

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:42:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified